Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Escada Especially Escada

As you all know, I have been playing with perfume samples all spring and have not had much luck in finding my newest fragrance love for this season.  Lately that seems to have been changing, I liked how unique the fragrance High Line from Bond No 9 is and my newest sample has been the real winner so far.  I have acquired several samples of Especially Escada from past Sephora orders and I have started wearing it twice or three times a week for the past two and my love affair with this fragrance has begun.  I am so happy that I have found a fragrance that I love in the middle of the Sephora Friends and Family and I have already added the rollerball to my cart.  I guess that the second order will be occurring sooner than I thought that it would...

This fragrance I have seen only at Sephora so far and I have never used a fragrance from this company before so I went in completely open-minded and with no idea of what to expect (quality-wise).  I know that this company has had fragrances out before the release of this one but I have never gotten around to trying any of them and since most of them seemed to be tropical fruit-based fragrances, I was never really interested in this line of products.  It seems like all of the bottles looked very similar when I looked at them on the Sephora website and this one looked very different and I am happy to report that this is a fabulous floral that could worn for many different occasions!

"A luxurious and feminine scent, Especially Escada carries a joyful, spontaneous, and glamorous spirit. Inspired by the glistening scent of morning dew on a sparkling rose, Especially Escada says luxury, but in a modern and light-hearted way.  The fragrance opens with a sparkling top note of pear and combines with the exotic notes of ambrette seeds. A luxurious combination of rose and ylang ylang radiates a fresh and natural aura of floral joy and happiness. Light musky notes complete the scent, adding a subtle touch of femininity."

The notes of this fragrance are: Pear, Rose, Ambrette Seeds, Ylang Ylang, Musky Notes.

This is another rose fragrance and it is no wonder that I loved my sample from the moment that I first used it, I wasn't aware of what was in when I used it the first time and I consulted the Sephora IPhone app to determine what notes were in it that was making it work so well for me.  The fragrance does start out with the pear notes, one time it smelled almost citrus on me when I first applied it and then the floral notes begin coming out within the half hour.  The rose note is the strongest on my skin and this note stays on me for the entire wear time of the fragrance.  I get very little of the musk notes at the bottom, this fragrance stays much more of a true rose and the base notes never really develop.  This is fine with me since it keeps it light and fresh enough to wear during any type of weather and many different occasions.  I could wear this fragrance when going out or just as easily for a casual lunch date or the office. 

This fragrance is very similar to Jo Malone's Red Roses and Dior's Dior Addict 2, it is light and fresh and very easy to wear.  I love a good rose scent and this is one of the best that I have tried all spring.  I will order the rollerball first and then I will order the full bottle when I have some more space cleared aside on my dresser, I have a 75% used up bottle of Valentino's Rock and Rose that will not last much past the beginning of the summer and I will have several candidates for a bottle to fill up the space very soon!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: