Thursday, April 25, 2013

MAC Art of the Eye Collection

Another collection has been released from MAC this week and this one is focused only on eye makeup, an area of my makeup collection that always has room to grow.  I have been buying more lipstick and lip gloss from this company in the past few weeks and I need to mix it up with something else from MAC.  Late last winter, I went to the counter and managed to behave and buy only the needed eye makeup products and primers but my last visit was all Lipglasses, Lipsticks, and a bottle of Turquatic perfume.  I think that my next visit should include some new eye makeup and perhaps a new liquid black eyeliner since I have officially used the last drop of my tube of Penultimate last week...

From the MAC website, "MAC Art of the Eye is a new Summer 2013 that unveils a luxurious colour collection where eyes are the fascinating focus. From exotic smoky looks to breathtaking, grand celebration statements that dazzle like ornate multicoloured jewels. Two Eye Shadow X 4 palettes in grey/blue and beige/brown blend beautifully in shades including Gentle Fume, Carbon, Shroom, Soft Brown and Najm el Lail. Small Eye Shadow singles add vibrant highlights in Parrot, Gameela, Farasha, Hajar Karim. Lining is legendary – dramatic black Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline sweeps into a wide wing and Liquid Eye Liner’s gel formula creates an elegant edge. Reflects Glitter gilds with golden shimmer. Opulash lavishes lashes with volume and curl.", is the collection description and I am very excited to see some of the new eye makeup that is available online today!

The Art of the Eye Collection!

Eye Shadow x 4: Masil Al Lail - An Eye Shadow Quad in four shades: Carbon, Rondelle, Waft and Gentle Fume. The highly pigmented powder formula applies evenly, blends and builds beautifully.
- Rondelle - platinum silver frost (Matte)
- Gentle Fume - dirty concrete gray with silver pearl (Velvet)
- Waft - deep navy with pearl (Matte)
- Carbon - intense black (Matte)

Eye Shadow x 4: Rimal Dahabia - An Eye Shadow Quad in four shades: Shroom, Soft Brown, Beauty Burst and Najm el Lail. The highly pigmented powder formula applies evenly, blends and builds beautifully.
- Shroom - soft beige with shimmer (Satin)
- Beauty Burst - rich reddist brown (Matte)
- Soft Brown - soft golden peachy brown (Matte)
- Najim el Lail - deep black brown (Matte)

Art of the Eye Eye Shadow - Highly-pigmented powder. Applies evenly, blends well.
- Farasha - bright deep orange (Matte)
- Gameela - deep pink magenta (Satin)
- Parrot - deep aqua blue with bright green (Satin)
- And - blue pearl (Frost)
- Hajar - clean warm green (Matte)
- Banafsaji - deep purple blue (Veluxe Pearl)

Art of the Eye Chromographic Eye Pencil - A creamy, soft-point pencil ideal for use as a liner, or to outline and define designs. Provides a bold, intensely smooth application with a well-defined, pigment-rich line.
- Process Magenta - magenta
- Hi-Def Cyan - bright cyan
- Landscape Green - lush bright green

Art of the Eye Kohl Power Eye Pencil - A kohl pencil that has all the intensity and colour power of ultra-soft carbon. Specially formulated to provide deep, fully opaque coverage, provides an intense, smoked finish with duo-chrome pearl. Versatile in application: blend or smudge.
- Feline - rich black

Art of the Eye Liquid Eye Liner - A liquid eye liner formula packaged with a unique applicator for precision application. Liquid Eye Liner is the perfect product for lining and defining the eyes. Use it to subtly enhance or create bold lines. Because it's ideal for creating graphic designs anywhere on the face and body, don't limit the use of Liquid Eye Liner to the eye area. The firm, tapered tip of the applicator is easy to control and allows for a quick and precise application of the liner. Liquid Eye Liner is long-wearing, smudge-resistant and can be easily removed with Pro Eye Makeup Remover.
- Boot Black - intense black

Opulash Mascara - Superlative style & state-of-the-art science merge. A new formula in a more saturated intense black with extra-volumization, expansion & curl delivered dramatically with our most bodacious brush yet. Lasts 15 hours!
- Sama - blue
- Bad, Bad Black - black

Art of the Eye Glitter - M·A·C Glitter can be applied directly to the skin or combined with products to create high-level glitter and sparkle effects on all areas of the face, skin and hair. Please note: Glitter is not eye safe and is not recommended for use on this area of the face.
- Reflects Gold - white glitter that reflects gold
- Reflects Antique Gold - sparkling taupe

Fluidline Brow Gel Creme - Long-wearing waterproof gel in a pot for giving precise definition to brows. Applies smoothly, sets quickly for the ultimate well-groomed brow. Fills, lengthens and shapes for subtle to dramatic looks.
- Deep Dark Brunette - rich brunette

False Lashes: 4 Lash - Natural length. Wispy. M·A·C Lashes are handmade to exact specifications. Each pattern and design is perfectly shaped and arranged to give a striking effect, whether the look is natural or dramatic. Available in a variety of shapes and densities. If properly cared for, lashes can be reshaped or adorned if desired.

There are so many items that I think that I need from this collection!  I have never seen this formula of Liquid Eye Liner from MAC and since I actually am out of liquid liner, I can completely justify needing this product and I will be trying it out the next time that I am at the counter.  I have been looking for new formulas on the Sephora website and now this one has come out in front of every other brand that I have checked out so far.  I also must have the Eye Shadow x 4 that I have pictured here, Rimal Dahabia is a great collection of neutral hues that I will use for a long time.  Shroom is almost always sold out at my counter and it is at the point that this might be one of the only ways that I can get my hands on this shade very soon.

I am not really a fan of any of the single Eye Shadow shades, many of them are too bright for me and I am not yet at the point that I can feel confident about pulling off the really bright shadow shades.  Maybe this will change as the weather gets warmer but I am beginning to really doubt it...  That being said, I certainly will not be buying any of the bright eye liners made for this collection.

Many of the liners and the mascara formula are part of the permanent collection so I am not banging down the door to get many of these products, I love Opulash Mascara but don't need another one right now and the same logic goes for the Kohl Power Eye Liner.  I like that MAC included some of the core products in with this collection but I obviously will be grabbing up the palette that I want first and then come back for some of the core products. 

I think that my next MAC counter visit will be all about eye makeup!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: