Saturday, January 26, 2013

Clarins Spring 2013 Collection - Rouge Eclat

Now that the winter weather is in full swing, I have returned to one of my favorite cold weather products; the Instant Touch face primer from Clarins.  Each time that I use this product, I think about all the items that I have loved from Clarins so far and about how many more that I always want to buy each time that I visit the counter.  This French company has just introduced their new spring collection, called Rouge Eclat.  This collection introduces a new formula of lipstick to the collection, a product that I will no doubtly want to purchase after I see the shades at the counter.

This collection is very focused on lips (of course) and the new lipstick formula is the hero product here.  I have craving new lipsticks and lip glosses for the past few weeks, I have actually finished two lip glosses since the beginning of the year (not that it made any dent in my collection) but I now feel that I can add a few more hues to my line-up.

"At Clarins, delicate spring colours are cropping up.  Lips whisper “youth” with a new age-defying lipstick. Skin gets a petal-fresh finish. Eyes seduce in incurably romantic hues of iris blossoms."  I can think of so many shades that I will love from this collection, all this talk about petals and blossoms means that this collection will work so well for my cool-toned pale skin. 

The Rouge Eclat collection from Clarins!

Poudre Multi-Eclat Mineral Loose Powder - Ultra-fine mineral powder enhances skin with a lit-from-within glow and a translucent, velvety finish. Protects from dehydration, so there’s never a powdery look. Just a beautifully supple complexion.  Available in three shades to match every complexion.

Rouge Eclat Spring Face Palette - A compact comprised of luminous, ultrafine powders for a matte yet radiant complexion or a natural pink glow.  The compact contains all shades of pinks, peaches, and nudes.

Rouge Eclat Eye Quartet Mineral Palette - Light up your eyes with a highly pigmented palette that provides a soft finish. The mineral formula offers long-lasting hold and both wet and dry application.
- Color base: A taupe shade with light-changing reflections of green highlights.
- Color base: An iris plum.
- Liner: An intense black illuminated with silver pearls.
- Illuminator: A luminous white.

Rouge Eclat Lipstick - An age-defying lipstick with a satin finish.  ect alliance between skincare and makeup.  Nutri-Youth Complex promotes nourishment, protection, reparation and regeneration.  Fine, lightweight veil smoothes with luminous, vibrant color for fuller, younger-looking lips.  An array of satin shades.
- Aubergine - medium cool wine cream

Joli Rouge Lipstick - This lipstick combines the transparent colour and shine of a lip gloss with the creamy texture of a lipstick. A unique MaxiLip Complex helps plump and hydrate for full, soft and supple lips, while the deeply moisturizing and long-wearing formula provides the benefits of a balm with lip care ingredients.
- Pink Magnolia - medium cool pink with silver shimmer

Prodige Lip Gloss - A new, non-sticky gloss formula that delivers mirror-like shine, intense color and long-lasting hold. Lips become smooth and fuller looking. Comes in eight shades.
- Vibrant Rose - bright cool rose with cool shimmer
- Water Lily - pale cool pink with cool shimmer

I will want to try this new lipstick formula out, the shade that is contained in this collection is only one of the shades offered.  On the Nordstrom website, a full range of shades are offered, from the palest nudes to the brightest of reds.  I bet that I will try this lipstick in some kind of bright pink or red for the spring season.  While I am very excited for the new lipstick formula, I still really like all the lip products that have been offered with this collection.  The Joli Rouge formula in the Pink Magnolia shade will be great for me and is one that I would be able to wear all year long.  I am also really excited about the Vibrant Rose shade in the Prodige Lip Gloss, this bright pink will be great for spring and summer.  Lastly, I love the Mineral Eye Shadow Quartet, I can see so many looks that I could create from it.

I am now very excited about all the lipstick and lip gloss formulas from Clarins and will be visiting my favorite counter very soon!

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: