Friday, January 25, 2013

Urban Decay Oz Eye Shadow Palette - Glinda Palette

Earlier today we looked at one of the Urban Decay Oz Eye Shadow Palettes and right now we are going to look at the Glinda palette.  Theodora contained more dramatic eye and lip shades and reminded me very much of both of the Urban Decay Naked Palettes.  I already talked about how much I loved that palette and I am not going to rehash it all in this entry again, I feel that Theodora will be the more versatile of the two palettes, the neutrals in it will work with every eye color and the liner in Zero can be worn with every single eye look that I could invent.  Glinda contains shades that are more appropriate for the spring, there are lots of pretty pastels that perfectly complement Michelle William's light skin and hair.  My skin tone is very similar to her's and therefore I still think that this palette will work very well for me too!

I think that I will end up wanting to buy both of these, I will use Glinda mostly in the spring and summer and then will be able to use Theodora all throughout the year.  I don't know that I will be able to pick a favorite between the two, I love both of them for different reasons and to create different looks.  Glinda will give me options for soft, pretty looks during the day and Theodora will help to create more dramatic looks for the night.  I can't resist new palettes from Urban Decat so it won't surprise many people when I end up buying both of the palettes.

Both palettes are only available at Sephora at the moment so all information and images come from this website.  I do hope that these palettes come to Ulta coon since when Urban Decay items sell out at Sephora, I can usually get them yet at Ulta. 

"One of two gorgeous limited-edition palettes inspired by the Disney movie "Oz the Great and Powerful."  Inspired by the Disney film’s theme of good witch vs. bad witch (and the good witch/bad witch dichotomy in all of us), Urban Decay created two collectible palettes loaded with beautiful, never-before-seen shades. Recreate Glinda’s ethereal, spellbinding look with eight all new and exclusive eye shadows in six pans (this set includes two duo-shades that are split in half, with a different color on each side of the pan). Every shade features Urban Decay’s Pigment Infusion System™, the proprietary blend of ingredients that gives each shade its velvety texture, rich color, serious staying power, and blendability."

"The Glinda Palette incorporates Urban Decay’s Build Your Own Palette format for total versatility. When you finish the original shades (or whenever you get the urge to experiment), just pop them out and pop your favorite UD shadows into the cool collectible tin. It features a dreamy, celestial design awash in a sheer backdrop of pink, gold, and peach, with Urban Decay and the name of the film in foil lettering."

Here are more details abouts the products and shades contained inside the Glinda Eye Palette!

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay’s groundbreaking new eye shadow formula.  This reformulation of Urban Decay’s eye shadow features even softer, amazingly velvety texture; richer, more dense and decadent color; smoother, more uniform pigment distribution and blendability; and longer-lasting, more crease-free wear. The new line of shadows features a completely revamped assortment of shades, new textures, and a totally redesigned token compact.  The secret to the new formula is Urban Decay’s Pigment Infusion System™, a vehicle for color that holds tightly to pigment and gives the formula its glide. The proprietory blend of ingredients allows color to weave itself through the formula resulting in insane color payout, color that stays on your lids, and sparkle that doesn’t fall. The amazing technology works for every shade and finish. Every Urban Decay shade is silky, blendable, and stays put.  The new assortment of shades features bestselling favorites, all new shades, and several shades previously available in past palettes. Packaging was inspired by NYC subway tokens; the chromed gunmetal compact with a clear window allows you to see your shade and pop your shadows out and into one of the new customizable palettes.
- Tornado - deep vibrant purple shimmer
- Aura - iridescent white with blue shift and iridescent white with red shift
- Magic - pinkish purple with golden shimmer
- Illusion - pale peach satin
- Oz - gold with gold glitter and silver with silver glitter
- South - warm pale grey shimmer with silver micro-glitter

24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil - A dynamic eyeliner pencil in a rainbow of shades.  Glide on color that stays put for the duration of your non-stop, on-the-go day! These cushiony, creamy eye pencils deliver powerful, vibrant color that slides on smooth and stays soft and creamy for blending (about 30 seconds), then dries to a long-lasting finish that won't budge. Line eyes with a hint of color or go for the full artistic, multi-hued effect. Truly inspired, these pencils go all day and all night.  Created with 50 percent moisturizing ingredients suspended in a sophisticated waterproof formula, this brilliant collection of eye essentials offers long-lasting color and a dreamy, creamy feel when applied.
- Rockstar - deep eggplant

Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color - Urban Decay's creamiest, most sumptuously pigmented lip pencil.  This formula delivers all the opaque, saturated, high-impact color of your favorite lipstick and an arresting high-gloss finish in one chubby pencil. And with a dynamic bright to deep shade range in creamy and sparkly textures, the runway-ready possibilities are endless. Even the glittery hues in this collection of high-gloss lip pencils feel smooth on your lips (and leave not a trace of sparkle grit). This conveniently portable pencil's high-gloss shine can be blotted for a more stain-like effect, but no matter how you wear it, the color lasts. Free of mineral oil and paraffin, this formula contains plant-derived ingredients that nourish lips. Because the barrels and boxes are color-matched to each shade, locating the color you want is easy, even in the deep, dark depths of an oversize tote.
- Glinda - light sheer nude

I love all of the eye shadows in this palette, I think that Magic will end up being my favorite since it is a pretty pinkish purple hue but has gold shimmer in it instead of the traditional silver shimmer that we often see in most cooler shade.  This is a very unique shade and will get lots of use this spring and summer after I buy this palette.  South is my second favorite shade, this warm silver is another unique choice from Urban Decay and I am really looking forward to to seeing how many of these shades play out on the eyes. 

Like the Theodora Eye Palette, I own the Rockstar shade in the eye liner already.  I can't say that I get as much use from it as I do Zero but I still like the shade.  Maybe having these eye shadows will allow me to get much more use from this shade this spring.  The lip gloss shade isn't that much of a draw for me, it is a nude so I am sure that I will use it but it's not the reason that I would buy the palette itself.

If I could only get one of the palettes, I think that I would actually choose the Glinda palette as the shades are very unique and like nothing else that I really own.  I could create many of the looks that the Theodora palette would help me create using both of the Naked palettes.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: