Thursday, January 24, 2013

Giorgio Armani Spring 2013 Collection

Giorgio Armani is a brand that I often look at but own little of as this brand is not readily available to me and I don't love ordering cosmetics online that I could not return to a store easily.  I know that Nordstrom has a pretty liberal return policy so I feel safer ordering from this company than I have from others.  Maybe this spring will introduce me to a new brand but I wouldn't buy any type of foundation or other face makeup from this company until I could see the shades in person.  Considering that what I want most from this company is their foundation, this still might not be my season for really using products from Giorgio Armani...

The spring collection from this company has just been put up on the Nordstrom website and therefore I bet that it is at the counters too.  I see that the model is wearing lots of pale blue eye shadow, a look that I hate and would never wear so at least half of this collection will not work for me.  The pink lips that she is wearing are much more my style so I might start off by ordering a lip gloss or two and see how I like the formulas.  Also the Eyes to Kill Mascara since I am always on the hunt for a great new mascara formula.

The Nordstrom website provides a description of the new color collection, "As seen on the Giorgio Armani 2013 Spring/Summer runway. An ode to femininity awakened by fresh, bright and joyous color."  I do love that this collection is not all about bronzers since I feel like they often play a huge role in the Armani color collections.

Giorgio Armani's new spring color collection...

Rose Bliss Face and Eye Palette - A complete look at your fingertips. On the first tier is Rose Bliss Compact face powder with illuminating Micro-Fil™ technology that offers long-lasting shimmer. Soft and creamy, the weightless powder melts into skin to create a natural, silken finish. On the second tier is three luminous Color-Fil™ Satin eyeshadows in Iced Pearl, Flesh and Hibiscus to blend and layer.
- Rose Bliss Face Powder - neutral rose nude
- Color-Fil Satin Eye Shadows - pale lavender/champagnedeep violet

Coral Bliss Face and Eye Palette - A complete look at your fingertips. On the first tier is Coral Bliss Compact face powder with illuminating Micro-Fil™ technology that offers long-lasting shimmer. Soft and creamy, the weightless powder melts into skin to create a natural, silken finish. On the second tier is three luminous Color-Fil™ Satin eyeshadows in Open, Shimmer Greige and Swimming Pool Turquoise to blend and layer.
- Coral Bliss Face Powder - pale neutral coral
- Color-Fil Satin Eye Shadows - pale taupe/deep taupe/bright robin egg blue

Blushing Fabric Second Skin Blush - Premiering Blushing Fabric second-skin blush: a new sensory experience from Armani. Crafted as a micro-blend of pure water-soluble pigments and lacquers, this cushiony formula delivers buildable color for cheek and face that is both imperceptible and long-lasting.
- No. 08 HD Orange - bright warm orange
- No. 09 HD Fuchsia - bright cool magenta

Face Fabric Foundation - Unprecedented fabric-like texture. Translucent color.  An invisible makeup with 3D Micro-fil™ technology has formulations which bring lightness and fluidity to makeup, allowing infinite blending and layering to enhance the natural glow of the skin. A subtle, neutral palette is accented with two shades—Porcelain and Apricot—to be used alone to create a healthy-looking glow, combined with any of the shades to boost the color, or alone to sculpt or highlight the complexion.

Eyes to Kill Mascara - Dress the eyes with powerful, plush, separated, voluminous lashes. Fine, fluid Micro-fil™ technology creates intensely captivating lash texture. Micro waxes combined with a fineness agent allow for smooth and easy application, revealing weightless volume for lashes. As a final touch, the target-smooth agents coat each lash, creating uniform volume and texture from root to tip.

Smooth Silk Eye Pencil - Soft, versatile texture for a defined or smoky look. This silky-soft formula allows for precise, easy application and versatile looks. Use it to subtly define or to intensify your eye look. Glide the smudger over eyeliner for a sexy, smoky result. Available in a subtle palette from pale taupe to soft black.
- #12 Brown/Black - deep brown

So how do we replicate the lip look on the model?!  There is not one lip product in this collection, a fact that has me very upset right now.  I was looking forward to starting my journey with this brand by buying a lip gloss or two and perhaps the mascara.  However I cannot start with simply ordering a new foundation when I can't try the shades and I don't know that I really like either of the blush shades or the palettes that are in this spring's collection.  I am a bit disappointed now since I was really excited for the lip shade that the model is wearing and to order a new lip gloss or two...

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: