Tuesday, January 15, 2013

MAC SS13 Fashion Week Trends - Sig-Nature

MAC has just released a new collection of trends from the spring runways onto their website.  We saw these concepts last fall and I believe that the concept is exactly the same for this spring season, there are no new product or anything limited edition in these looks but they will consist of some of the best picks in the MAC permanent color line up.  At least these looks are made from products and shades that I will always be able to repurchase my favorite shades.  I see looks that contains all kinds of bright hues for the warm weather, one that is more of a natural face look, and then one that is more of a neutral look.  Let's get started!

"Step into SS13 with minimal, modern makeup. Focus on a fresh face, from luminously perfect and pure to gleaming bronze. Nuances of neons and singular brights glow against bare skin. It's all about ease, edge and effortless radiance."

"Luminously perfected and pure, "It's about skin being the primary feature of the face this season," says Director of Makeup Artistry, Gordon Espinet.    View the complete look for Sig-Nature here."  Sig-Nature looks like it will be the easiest of the looks to wear and will be appropriate in nearly every occasion, this is a great look to start with at the beginning of spring.  MAC provides the best shades to create this look and then tips on how to use them best.

Here is the Sig-Nature look!

Eye Kohl - Applied through the waterline. 
- Fascinating - intense matte white

Brow Set -  Brushed up through brows to groom and polish.
- Clear - colour-free

Prep + Prime Highlighter - Applied through the inner corner.
- Light Boost - soft yellow cream
- Bright Forecast - mid tone peach coral
- Radiant Rose - light shell pink

Tinted Lipglass - Pressed into lips with fingertips for a fresh, glossy finish.
- Florabundance - peachy blossom pink

Cream Colour Base - Dabbed over the upper cheekbones.
- Pearl - pale gold with icy shimmer

Prep + Prime Finishing Translucent Powder - Swept through the T-Zone.


This is a very easy look to pull off and I would wear this on weekends or to class at night.  My favorite piece from here is the Tinted Lipglass in Florabundance, this peach pink will look great with my skintone and I will be able to pull it off against all kinds of eye makeup looks.  I usually wear more eye makeup than this look calls for, even when I go for a more natural look, I at leasst use a primer and one shade of champagne shadow so I will need to add a bit more to this look before I would be comfortable with it.  The second product that I am excited about from this look is the Prep + Prime Highlighter, I would like to add this to my everyday makeup look, I am hoping that it will brighten the dark areas around my eyes and make me look more awake.

The natural look is only the first, now we are moving onto a more dramatic look with some brights for the spring season!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: