Wednesday, January 16, 2013

MAC SS13 Runway Trends - Sci-chedelic

Yesterday we looked at the first two trends from the MAC spring and summer runway looks and today we look over the last two.  I haven't found any looks that I am super excited about yet but I hope that what we look at today will change that.  Today we are looking at the second bright look and then the one that is more based on neutrals and bronzes.  I do hope this look actually contains some bright hues, yesterday's look at a "bright" look was very disappointing and I still do not understand what MAC was going after when they created Nu-ance.  Perhaps, Sci-chedelic will hold more promise!

"Step into SS13 with minimal, modern makeup. Focus on a fresh face, from luminously perfect and pure to gleaming bronze. Nuances of neons and singular brights glow against bare skin. It's all about ease, edge and effortless radiance."

Sci-chedelic looks as though it is bright lip against an otherwise almost bare face.  I think that I could very easily get onboard with a pink variation of this look!  "Colour with conviction. SS13 gets graphic, with bold, singular brights. "Poetic with a twist of something edgy, so gutsy and punk it's chic," affirms makeup artist Stephane Marias.  View the complete look for Sci-Chedelic. here."

Here is the bright lip look from the MAC makeup artists...

Lipmix -  Mix Fuschia and White to create a neon pink and applied through the outer corners, apply Orange on the lip towards the lower lip edge.
- Fuchsia - bright fuchsia
- Orange - bright orange
- White - whitest white

Pro Longwear Lip Pencil - Used to define the bow of lip and contour.
- More to Love - intense bluish pink

Blot Powder/Loose - Swept through the T-zone.
- Medium - suitable for most skintones

Select Cover-Up - Lightly blended over hydrated skin.
- Available in a range of shades to suit all skintones

This lip look is more what I had in mind but I will still need to alter it before I can wear it well.  I will not be mixing all three shades of Lipmix to create the orange and pink lip look, I will be more likely to wait until Candy Yum Yum comes back in stock and then use it against an overwise almost bare face.  I have never used Lipmix before and it looks like a high pigmented liquid lipstick but I don't really know anything about the product.  Does anyone have any more information on it?

I have used the Select Cover-Up before and it is a great spot concealer especially for the under eye area.  I am also interested in the Blot Powder/Loose and I do wonder if MAC has this product in a pressed version so that I can take it with me in my purse.

This is my favorite look so far but I will need to modify in order to make it work for my style.  One more look left!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: