Tuesday, January 22, 2013

MAC Valentine's Day 2013 Collection - Rebel Romance

Following on the heels of the fabulous Illamasqua Valentine's Day color collection, MAC has just released Rebel Romance to their website.  If my memory serves me from previous years, MAC has released an online-only collection of some of their best reds, pinks, and purples; all of which would be great choices to wear on Valentine's Day.  Since all of these shades are permanent, you can decide what you like the most and then try them out at your favorite counter or store.  No one that reads this blog would mistake me for a Valentine's Day girl, I never celebrate this holiday and am more than happy to work all day and then attend class at night.  But I wouldn't mind a new MAC Lipstick or two...

Rebel Romance contains some pieces to create deep eyes, bright lips, and then matching bright nails from the new permanent Nail Lacquer product line.  I love that MAC now has Lipsticks and Nail Lacquers that are exact matches, I would love if NARS had a similar collection since I would love a polish that exactly matches Schiap...

"Revel in the spirit of red this Valentine's Day with M•A•C's online-exclusive selection of shades, for every love-obsessed, passionate rebel."

Here is the new Valentine's Day collection from MAC!

Powerpoint Eye Pencil - Waterproof. Longwearing. Metallic, shimmer and matte finishes. Smooth to apply. Won't transfer, smudge, or budge... Draws the line: powers your eyes. Makes its point. Lasts.
- Engraved - rich black

Haute and Naughty Lash - A two-in-one mascara that lets you choose if you want lashes to be naturally defined, or instantly combed and loaded for full-on drama. Easy to use dual-wiper system allows this lightweight formula to go on either way. One wiper refines the application for a clean sweep, while the other loads the lashes for greater impact.
- Black - black

Lipstick - Colour plus texture for the lips.  Stands out on the runway.  Simmers on the street!  What made MAC famous.
- MAC Red - vivid bright bluish-red (Satin)
- Rebel - midtonal cream plum (Satin)
- Diva - intense reddish-burgundy (Matte)

Nail Lacquer - Revolutionary new high gloss formula. Three long-wearing finishes - Cream, Sheer, and Frosted. Visibly different. Provides no-streak/no-chip finish. Contains conditioners and UV protection. Go hi-lacquer!
- Russian Red - midtonal neutral red
- Dark Angel - goth romantic dark lilac
- Vintage Vamp - rich deep retro wine

I love the Nail Lacquers in this collection but I would have used them much more in the fall and winter, if I decide to buy them now I would only use them a few times before I put shades like these away for the season.  Russian Red is the only shade that I would consider using in a pedicure after the winter is over but the others will be set aside.  I might just keep these shades on the backburner until next August...

The same thoughts hold for the Lipsticks, I already own MAC Red and I would only use Diva in the fall and winter.  So I might just hold Diva for next fall and decide if I still want to purchase it in a few months.  The mascara is the only item that I want right now from this collection so I may need to buy a tube of it next time that I go to the counter but this is not a needed item at this time.

Is Valentine's Day over yet?!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: