Monday, January 7, 2013

MAC The Stylish Brow

The other week we looked at tons of new MAC products and shades and now I see yet another new collection on the company's website.  I don't know if I missed the collection the first time around or if it wasn't up or what happened but we will look at The Stylish Brow today.  Good thing that I have been stalking the website in order to see if Candy Yum Yum is back in stock (it's not), otherwise I would have missed this collection completely.  I have never really been much of a brow girl, I get mine waxed every few weeks to keep them groomed but I have never used much product on them or used any type of powder or gel to change the shade of them.  I dye and highlight my hair but I haven't changed the shade so much that I have needed to subtly change the shades of my eyebrows.  I don't really think the products in this collection are going to be for me but maybe my readers will find a product or shade that they would like to try. 

The Stylish Brow consists of all kinds of makeup products that can be used on brows, I see both pencils and powders.  Maybe after looking at this collection I will get a bit adventurous and try something new...

"Plucked, penciled, sharp and shaped, natural-looking, diva arched-the eyebrow, as revealing, individual and expressive as the eye itself. With a collection of professional shades and tools, M·A·C elevates the brow to an art form."

Here is The Stylish Brow!

Brow Duo: Blonde - A perfect pairing of complementary powder colours in Omega and Soba - one satin, one matte that blend beautifully on brows to match a range of blonde shades.
- Soba - gold brown with gold shimmer (Satin)
- Omega - soft muted beige-taupe (Matte)

Brow Duo: Redhead - A perfect pairing of complementary powder colours in Cork and Espresso - one matte, one satin that blend beautifully on brows to match a range of redhead shades.
- Cork - muted golden brown (Satin)
- Espresso - muted golden brown (Matte)

Brow Duo: Brunette - A perfect pairing of complementary powder colours in Coquette and Brun - two satin finishes that blend beautifully on brows to match a range of brunette shades.
- Coquette - muted bronze (Satin)
- Brun - muted deep brown (Matte)

Fluidline - Ultra-smooth, Fluidline's gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on “foolproof” with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof. Lines up in a rich array of colours and finishes. Brush sold separately.
- Blacktrack - solid flat black

Fluidline Brow Gelcreme - Long-wearing waterproof gel in a pot for giving precise definition to brows. Applies smoothly, sets quickly for the ultimate well-groomed brow. Fills, lengthens and shapes for subtle to dramatic looks.
- Dirty Blonde - soft gold taupe
- Deep Dark Brunette - rich brunette
- Redhead - muted golden brown

Eye Brows - Self-propelling, self-sharpening, brow defining. Confidently adds what you need: shape, colour, density in one streamlined tool. Like a pen, creates its own just-right point. Provides definition, shape, deepens/fills in colour. Creates striking arches. Easy to tote around. No sharpener needed.
- Lingering - soft taupe brown

Veluxe Brow Liner - The artist's pencil of perfection. It fills, shapes and defines with a rich powdery formula that's matte and velvety smooth.
- Strawberry Blonde - soft muted beige-taupe
- Redhead - soft brown
- Brunette - muted midtone brown
- Deep Dark Brunette - dirty chocolate
- Deep Brunette - muted blackish-brown

208 Angled Brow Brush - Applies colour to the brow. Use to define or add "fill". Its precise angled tip provides pro-style application. Synthetic / natural blend fibre. Use to apply powder, liquid or cream products.

Tweezers/Slant - A slant-tipped tweezer designed with texturized tips for no-slip "grab-ability". Effortless in action. Angled tips allows for easy for shaping, and cleaning up of the brows. Made from high-quality satin-finished metal. Provides pro-class feel and performance. Comes in its own zip-lock pouch.

I still can't say that I am going to dive head first into changing my eye brows that much, I can see how many people will like at least or two of the products in this collection and have a use for them.  If I were to try anything from this collection, the first product that I would use would be the Veluxe Brow Liner, I think that a pencil would provide a less dramatic color change than that the gel liners would, I really don't need any type of color change on my brows but if I decide to really change the color of my hair than I am glad to know that these products are available.  For now, these products interest me but the whole collection will sit on the backburner for now.

I am still stalking the MAC website for Candy Yum Yum and now I will be stalking it for a release date on the new Archie's Girls collection.  It will a busy next few months with MAC!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: