Friday, January 4, 2013

Smashbox Spring 2013 Collection - Love Me

The spring collections are really coming out faster and faster this week, I see a bunch more that are coming out and now I am planning on adding more items to my shopping list for the month, I need skincare more than color but after I replace a few pieces of facecare...the color and perfume shopping begins!  I have noticed that I seem to be gravitating toward lots of pink hues already and I am envisioning how large my lip product collection is going to grow and how many new shades of pink I will be adding to it.  Last fall, I was all about trying to buy more eye makeup since every spring I tend to buy more lip items than any other season.  I didn't do quite as well with that I would have hoped but I cannot resist adding more lip hues to my lipstick and gloss collection!

Love Me is the spring collection that Smashbox just released, this reminds me of the collection that was released in the spring of 2010.  Both of these two collections were released very early in the season and reminded me more of Valentine's Day than just a spring collection.  Now every single year, I whine and complain about Valentine's Day and this year will end up being no exception (I'm sure) however pretty makeup and beauty products created for this holiday can still make me happy.  I loved that collection from Smashbox and I first saw the products in the Sephora on Fifth Avenue and I fell in love with the huge Smashbox display that that store has.  Cannot wait to get an MBA and move to the city...

This collection is available in all forms on the Smashbox website and I see a few select pieces on the Sephora website so I assume that it will be fully released at Sephora in a few days.  "An epic collaboration with world-renowned artist Curtis Kulig that brings his signature message from the street to our sets - and to you!  As major as this collaboration is, as universal as the concept is, it's sometimes hard to believe that is was literally done over lunch.  It took all of a minute to decide that Smashbox Cosmetics and artist Curtis Kulig - with his famous "Love Me" mark - needed to work together."

Here is the Love Me collaboration...

Love Me Eye Shadow Palette - Art meets beauty with these collectible palettes etched with Curtis Kulig's iconic "Love Me" mark. Both palettes-one with perfectly on-trend shades and another with to-die-for neutrals-include 5 highly pigmented, blendable shadows.
- Admire Me - champagne/matte nude/soft shimmering coral/bronze/deep golden brown
- Entice Me - sparkling purple/icy blue/deep sparkling navy/icy pink/purple taupe

Love Me Be Legendary Lipstick - Developed to match artist Curtis Kulig's signature colors, our creamy formula makes your pout pop like a work of art! Plus, it's packed with vitamins A & E and shea butter for major moisturization.
- Love Me - deep cool red cream
- Tempt Me - medium warm coral cream

Love Me Lip Enhancing Gloss - Paint on a lip look to love! Inspired by the work of artist Curtis Kulig, our signature gloss is sure to give your pout high-impact, pop-art shine.
- Adore Me - fuchsia pink
- Charm Me - nude pink

Love Me Paint Pen Eye Liner - We've turned artist Curtis Kulig's signature paint pen into the ultimate liquid liner! It's a must for creating edgy, epic eye looks.
- Jet Black - deep true black

Love Me Blush - Our ultra-luxe blush inspired by the work of artist Curtis Kulig-your face is the canvas, this blush brings the flush!
- Idolize Me - poppy pink

I love this entire collection, if this is the way that the spring collections are going to be then it is going to be a very good season for my style (and a very bad season for my wallet!).  While I must admit that there is nothing uber-unique in this collection and I bet that I could easily find almost all of these shades from many other companies, I want so many products from this collection because they will all be perfect for me. 

To start with, I want the neutral eye shadow palette (I added the picture to this post).  These neutrals will work very well with all the shades in the Urban Decay Naked Palettes and I will be able to create all kinds of nude eye looks with these palettes.  This is one of those essential palettes that I will able to use the second that I receive and then all the way into the spring and summer.  Admire Me contains a great mix of matte and shimmer shades and I can't wait to try this palette out.  In addition to the great neutral eye looks that I can create with this palette, I want to see how many of these shades I can mix with rose and pink eye shadow shades, I will be loving the rose gold eye look this spring too and it seems that it will be trendy again this spring season. 

The lip and cheek shades are just the icing on the cake for this collection.  I love the red lipstick hue in this collection, it looks slightly more rose than a bright blue red and I don't own many rose red lipsticks so this will fill a hole in my lipstick collection.  I like both of the lip glosses but I only really want the Charm Me shade, the nude pink will be a staple for me and will work against any kind of bronze eye look that I can some up with this spring.  I don't really love the fuchsia shade, it is pretty but I tend not to mix bright colors with lots of shimmer.  I just prefer my bright lip glosses with more a shiny and cream finish and miminal shimmer.  If this lip gloss was a cream, then I think that I would be all over it.  The blush shades is another great pink, I have never used a blush from Smashbox so I first I want to try this at Sephora and see if the pigmentation can hold a candle to the formulas from NARS and Illamasqua, if not this product will not be coming home with me.

Love Me will not become my mantra and I will not be embracing Valentine's Day this year either but at least I can look good on this holiday...

photo courtesy of Smashbox

No comments: