Friday, January 18, 2013

Shiseido Bio-Performance Advanced Super Revitalizing Face Cream

I am on one of the last products that I recived last fall when I got the Sephora skincare bag of huge samples and so far I found some great new products in it, this is one of the best gifts that I have ever gotten from being a Sephora VIB.  This is the type of perk that makes me keeping spending the money to remain a Sephora VIB, not that I really need much motivation to spend hundreds of dollars a year at Sephora...

Last week I posted about the Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil that I had been using at night for the past two weeks and how much I loved the product.  I still have a good amount left in the bottle and I plan to keep using it until I have finished it up, every time I use it I keep falling more and more in love with the product and I want to try even more oils for my face.  I opened up the Shiseido Bio-Performance Face Cream with the thought of using it as a day cream since I just finished up a product from Philosophy and I didn't need any other products to use at night.  The company doesn't specify what ttime of the day this product is intended for so I was flying a bit blind when I tried it for the first time.  I used it as a day cream but I quickly found out that this is not a formula to use during the day and that I must use it at night.

"Prevent the first stages of line formation with this richly textured, ultra-hydrating formulation.  Extend the look of youth by preventing the first stages of line formation. Shisedo's patent-pending Bio-Revitalizing Complex reinforces skin's elastic fibers, the key to promoting skin's resilience and firmness"

This formula is very intensive and extremely thick, at first I wondered if I found it to be so thick because I was getting so used to the lightness of the Tarte face oil.  This formula is more of a balm than a cream, I actually found it to be so thick that it didn't fully absorb any time that I used it.  Hence why I cann't use this as a day cream, I can't apply any type of primer or foundation over it, none of the products will spread correctly and then my makeup doesn't look good for the rest of the day.  I recommend this cream only for use at night based on the way that it didn't really absorb. 

This cream is very hydrating, I will give it that.  It hydrated my dry skin and helped to keep the moisture in through the next washing.  I can't say that it performed any better than the Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil and I really didn't like the texture of this face cream.  The oil fully absorbs and doesn't leave a film on my skin, this product did and it got all over my pillow.  Not a huge deal if I loved every other aspect of the product but I would rather just use the oil and reap all the benefits of it.  This product geared toward skin that is slightly older than mine, most of the benefits of this product are in preventing immediate sign of aging or helping to soften the ones that are already on place.  These are not my current problems so I won't deal with the texture of this product in order for the anti-aging benefits.

I am not fond of the texture of this product and I have a much better product to use at night so there is no reason for me to buy a full size jar of this product.  I will finish up the large sample that I have but I will go right back to using the Tarte oil.  The last aspect of this product that puts me on edge is the smell, it has a perfumy smell that fills up the whole bathroom.  It almost reminds me of a perfume that my grandmother used to use and there is no reason for this amount of fragrance to be present in a facial care product.

This is one of my first facial care products from Shiseido and it doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth about the brand.  This product wasn't awful but I hated how it didn't completely absorb and the smell is just over the top.  I will be returning to my Tarte oil very soon...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: