Monday, January 28, 2013

Stila Spring 2013 Collection - Beauty in Bloom

The Stila spring collection has finally arrived and I am more excited about it than in years previous.  After all of my holiday shopping was done, I looked back on what I purchased and I bought more Stila sets and palettes for my friends and family than I did from any other beauty brand.  This is a first for me, usually Philosophy or MAC earns the title among my holiday shopping.  Now I am excited to see what this brand has to offere for the spring since this time of the year is when I am buying items for myself and my makeup collection will be expanding...

The new collection is called Beauty in Bloom and I am hoping for lots of pretty pinks and some new Lip Glaze shades and sets.  I saw at the very beginning of this month that Stila will be introducing a new skincare line to Ulta, making me even more excited to shop this brand over the coming months.  In this new collection, I see a new formula of lipstick, several new eye makeup palettes, and two sets of their famed Lip Glaze lip glosses.  I might be the most excited about the new lipstick formula, spring is the time of the year that I buy the most lip products and I love all the lip shades that I have seen on the spring runways...

Here is the Beauty in Bloom collection from Stila!

Stay All Day 3D Wet-to Set Eye Shadow Trio - Unleash your inner artist and paint the perfect eye with Stay All Day® 3D Wet-to-Set Eye Shadow Trios.  A first of its kind, this water activated revolutionary formula delivers excellent payoff that is ultra-long wearing and stays all day.  These high performance, velvety shadows create unique, luxe finishes on your lid when combined with the water on your brush.  Dampen Stila brush #30 with water and swirl into shadow to create a creamy consistency and sweep onto lids. Let dry, then repeat and layer until desired effect is achieved. Use Stila brush #4 to apply as an eye liner. 
- First Light - pale champagne/medium rose bronze/deep warm brown
- Safari - light taupe/deep cool brown/medium brown
- Thunder Cloud - pure white/medium blue silver/deep charcoal
- Desert Sunset - medium nude/warm medium bronze/deep warm brown
- Skyline - neutral medium pink/medium taupe/deep warm charcoal

Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner - Off the runway and into your makeup bag! Stila presents a new, limited-edition shade of Stila’s best-selling Stay All Day® Liquid Eye Liner in a stunning Periwinkle shade.  This easy-glide, quick-dry precision liner stays in place all day - no smudges, feathering, or running. The thin, marker-like tip is easy to use, even for the beauty beginner, and delivers any look, from a thin line to a bold, dramatic stroke.  It goes on smoothly without skipping, smudging, or pulling, and stays in place until you say when!  Waterproof and long-lasting.  Felt tip applicator for easy, precise application.  Goes on smoothly without skipping or pulling.
- Perwinkle - lavender blue

Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner - The hottest hue of the season! Stila presents this limited-edition shade of best-selling Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in attention-grabbing Periwinkle.  This eye liner glides on smoothly with no tugging or pulling and provides immediate color release. The formula is long-wearing and delivers an extreme color payoff.  A high content of volatile silicones and modern wax oil combinations make this innovative formula wearable and comfortable.  Waterproof and long-lasting.  Smudge, transfer and fade-proof.  Optimal play time to smudge out the formula.
- Periwinkle - lavender blue

Color Balm Lipstick - A modern take on traditional lipstick, this creamy lip color provides the full pigment load of a lipstick, yet delivers the nourishing properties of a balm.  Featuring a luxe, satin finish, this formula offers excellent color payoff while phyto-derived emollient properties deliver hydrated, healthy lips. Naturally cooling peppermint oil provides a fresh and rejuvenating sensation on the lips, while an exclusive certified organic sunflower-based polyglyceride soothes, smoothes, and adds volume and definition to lips.  Luxuriously creamy and hydrating formula with excellent phytoderived emollient properties.  Certified organic sunflower based polyglycerides hydrates and smooth lip contours, while adding volume and definition.  Naturally cooling peppermint oil is an emollient-rich botanical that provides excellent antiseptic and astringent benefits with a refreshing tingle that both soothes and stimulates irritated lips.  Knocked-out Stila logo on cap, color-matched to the shade within for easy at-shelf navigation.  A handy mirror on top of the cap for easy application on-the-go.
- Valentina - bright warm red cream
- Sheri - medium mauve cream
- Isabelle - neutral medium pink cream
- Evangeline - medium berry cream
- Maya - medium nude cream
- Vivienne - medium warm nude cream
- Elle - medium warm pink cream
- Ruby - deep cool red cream
- Ali - deep cool wine cream
- Gemma - deep cool magenta cream
- Amelia - bright blue pink cream
- Sonya - medium neutral pink cream
- Olivia - pale nude cream

Lip Glaze Trio "Flower Power" - Beauty is in full bloom with Stila’s limited edition “Flower Power” Spring Lip Glaze trio in three floral-inspired, glossy shades with succulent scents.
- Peach Blossom - warm pale peach
- Pink Orchid - medium blue pink
- Lilac - pale lavender

Lip Glaze Trio "Awesome Blossom" - Beauty is in full bloom with Stila’s limited edition “Awesome Blossom” Spring Lip Glaze trio in three floral-inspired, glossy shades with succulent scents.
- Dahlia - deep rose cream
- Cherry Blossom - pale blue pink
- Rose Bud - medium neutral rose

This is going to be another strong lip collection for me!  My favorite choice from this new product line-up is the Lip Glaze Trio in Awesome Blossom, all three of these shades are cool-toned and will be fantastic for the spring and summer months.  The Flower Power Trio I will skip over because I would never wear the peach shade in it (unless I can find a friend to give it to) even though I like both of the other shades.  I am also interested in trying the new lipstick formula, the first shades that I want are Sonya (medium neutral pink) and Isabelle (a lighter neutral pink), I need a few shades that are not bright and can be worn in a more professional environment.

I am not as excited about the eye makeup products in this collection, I would certainly skip over the Periwinkle shade in the eye liners.  Neither of these are a shade that I would ever wear with my blue eyes.  The Stay All Day Trios are nice but nothing amazing (shade-wise at least, I cannot comment on the formula yet), I like the First Light and Safari shades but there is nothing about any of the shades that are unique or unlike any shade that I already own.

In addition to buying some lip items for myself, I will pick up one or two extra Awesome Blossom Lip Glaze Sets to keep on hand for small gifts for friends.  These Lip Glaze Sets are always appreciated by anyone that I give them to!

photo courtesy of Stila

No comments: