Saturday, January 12, 2013

YSL Spring 2013 Collection

We have been looking heavy at skin and haircare products that past few days and now I want to get back to color collections for spring!  I haven't bought anything yet for spring, I am still checking out some of the new collections and beginning to get some ideas together as to what I already own and then what I want to buy for the season.  I already know that new lisptick shades are going to be topping my shopping list and I am still frustrated that Candy Yum Yum is out of stock on the MAC website, I have a few items that I would like to order but I am trying to wait until this shade comes back in.  I am simply so excited for some new pink lip looks for this spring and summer.

To distract me from stalking the MAC website, I have decided to check out what is on the Nordstrom site and if I can find Candy Yum Yum on here.  That lipstick is not available at the moment on this website either so I just need to distrct myself and look to see what other brands have released their spring of 2013 color collections.  One of the first ones that caught my eye is the newest collection from YSL, the model is wearing a beautiful magenta lip and this looks like a shade that I would really like to add to my collection.  Distraction achieved!

The Nordstrom website provides the following description of the overall collection, "nspired by the beauty of nature and vibrant color, movement and energy of semi-precious minerals, Yves Saint Laurent's spring look captures the harmony of gemstones, attracting and diffusing light to achieve a signature YSL radiance."  I see lots of pinks and purples in this collection so this looks like I could find a lot of great shades for this season!

The YSL spring 2013 collection!

Pure Chromatics Wet and Dry Eye Shadow Palette - Through the magic of water and a revolutionary new process, Yves Saint Laurent pushes the limits of color with Pure Chromatics, a new generation of eyeshadows. Real makeup-artist magic is made easy with six emblematic harmonies that captivate the eyes.  The power of water: Exclusively by Yves Saint Laurent, the new water-process technology is the latest discovery in color, allowing pigments to be more intense and metallic than ever before!  Use wet for a chromatic transformation. Expect the unexpected. Water does not dilute but enhances color pigments in Pure Chromatics. When used wet, the water rehydrates the eyeshadows and gives full intensity to their pigments. The effect is the satiny powder transforms into a luxurious cream while pearls shine with a metallic finish.
- No.5 - bright pink shimmer/pale pink shimmer/charcoal shimmer/medium black shimmer
- No. 19 - medium rose gold shimmer/champagne shimmer/cool bronze shimmer/medium brown
shimmer

Creme de Blush - Unique cream-to-powder blush offers a luminous, radiant and healthy look. The remarkably soft formulation feels like silk upon application, ensuring a seamless result. And because the non-waxy texture will not break through makeup, it is an excellent touchup tool for use throughout the day.
- No. 9 - true petal pink cream

Rouge Volupte Sheer Candy Glossy Lip Balm - Glossy balm. Crystal color. Lips are adorned with a sheer veil of brilliant color. Boosted with fruit extract rich in vitamins and antioxidants, lips become deliciously sensual. The ultra-light texture leaves lips feeling soft and hydrated for up to 8 hours and is ideal for year-round use: the juicy, sheer color is perfect for summer while the soothing, moisturizing texture feels sublime.
- 12 Framboise Craquante - sheer bright pink cream
- 13 Moka Griotte - sheer deep brown cream

Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain - A revolutionary new lip product that combines the texture and shine of a gloss with the long wear of a stain. Coat your lips with this lip color that offers a lightweight texture, which immediately melts onto lips. Glossy Stain delivers intense glossy color for an extremely long-lasting shine.
- 27 Peche Cerra-Cola - medium warm peach cream
- 28 Grenat Acrylique - medium brick red cream
- 29 Rose Fourreau - medium cool rose cream
- 30 Mauve Fusain - deep cool mauve cream

La Laque Couture Nail Lacquer - Yves Saint Laurent introduces the La Laque Couture collection. The vibrant assortment of ultra-shiny hues makes every woman feel couture to the fingertips.
- 35 Bronze Pyrite - medium cool olive green shimmer with bronze cast

I think that my favorite item is the new shade of the Creme de Blush, No. 9 has my name written all over it.  I love cream blushes and this bright petal pink will be a great shade for me whether my skin is pale or after using self tanner, think item has the potential to be one of my new favorite blushes.  I want to see if this is one of the products that is carried at the counters in Sephora, even if it isn't I will most likely be ordering this one pretty soon.  My second favorite piece is the eye shadow palette that the model is wearing, No. 5 contains some great cool pale hues that will shine against my blue eyes. 

The last item that I am realy excited for from this new collection will end up on my list of lipsticks to buy.  The Rouge Volupte in the bright pink shade is really pretty, it is sheer enough to wear now in the winter months and then all through the spring and summer.  This is a really great collection for me and I can't wait to do some shopping from it!

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: