Tuesday, January 15, 2013

MAC SS13 Fashion Week Trends - Nu-ance

Earlier today we looked at the easiest and most natural of the looks that the MAC makeup artists created for the spring runways and now we are going to head into the looks that require more products and more pigment to pull off.  I have been all about the bright lip looks for the spring but I am a bit unsure about some of the bright eye makeup shades that I have seen on the runway, I feel that I would have a hard time pulling them off in many situations.  I might consider buying one or two shades of bright eye makeup or seeing what I already own in an eye shadow palette but I know that I will not be going headfirst into a trends like this.

"Step into SS13 with minimal, modern makeup. Focus on a fresh face, from luminously perfect and pure to gleaming bronze. Nuances of neons and singular brights glow against bare skin. It's all about ease, edge and effortless radiance."

Nu-ance is ""Nuances of neon, glowing against an otherwise bare face," says makeup artist Andrew Gallimore of this season's pastel-fluoros and freshly futuristic metallics. View the complete look for Nu-Ance here."  This look seems very interesting and if it contains some great lip hues then I might say that this is my early favorite of the SS13 Trends.

Nu-ance!

Eye Shadow - Patted into eyelids from lashes to brow.
- Yogurt - soft pale pink (Matte)
- Orb - soft peachy beige (Satin)

Lipstick - Patted over concealed lips.
- Creme d'Nude - pale muted peach beige (Cremesheen)

Powder Blush - Swept over cheekbones to contour.
- Cubic - soft muted pink (Satin)

Iridescent Powder/Loose - Applied over upper cheekbones.
- Silver Dusk - pinky beige with silver shimmer

Ok where are the brights?!  There is not one shade in this look that I would consider bright, maybe this look is best for setting up a bright lip or eye look but I'm not quite sure what MAC had in mind when they made this description.  This is a brighter look than the first one that we looked at today but I don't consider any of these shades to be "brights" at all.  I like all of the shades that were used to create this look, I wish that the Lipstick shade would work on me but I bet that it is too warm for me to pull off.  I do love the Blush and both Eye Shadows and they will work well as everyday shades for me.

I think the product that I am the most interested in is the Iridescent Powder/Loose.  I have never used this product for MAC and would love to try this shade.  It is rare that I can find a pink beige powder with cool-toned shimmer in it and this one will be perfect for me.  I rarely use products like this so I will need to visit the counter and get some instructions on how best to make it work but I am just so excited to try this product!

Two down and two to go.  Tomorrow we will pick up with the last two runway looks from MAC and see what else this company has in store for us this season.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: