Saturday, January 19, 2013

NARS Spring 2013 Collection

One of my favorite collections has now come out this week and I am so excited about it!  Everyone knows that I have been raving about NARS for the past year and have bought more products than ever before from this company and that they are in my top favorites for any kind of beauty products.  Earlier this week, their spring collection has finally released to their website and Sephora stores and I am so excited to see what came out for this season!

Stella Tennant is the model for the spring collection, she has dark hair and cool pale skin just like mine so I am hoping that I find a really good amount of shades that will be flattering to my skintone.  I see lots of pink shades in this collection, I am looking forward to the pink eye shadow duo and the deep pink lipstick that have been introduced in this collection.  The first piece of this collection that I saw pictures of was the Blush, it is a deep raspberry hue that I would put into a fall or holiday collection but I do wonder how well it will work in the early spring.  I can't see this shade being flattering against bright lips and I do wonder why NARS decided to a deep blush hue instead of a bright pink that would work well with the rest of the pinks in the collection.

"Arresting.  Powerful.  Provocative." are the words that NARS uses to describe this new collection.  All of the shades are very pigmented and I can see exactly why this look is described as "powerful", all of these shades can be used professionally or at play, depending on the mode of application.  I can see lots of versatility with these shades and I am already thinking about how I use them together and also with many of the shades that I already own (especially for eye makeup!).

NARS spring is also a favorite collection of mine every year so let's start looking at the products and shades right now!

Duo Eye Shadow - Modern, unique, sometimes unexpected color combinations of eyeshadow shades. Worn alone or together, all Duo Eyeshadow shades feature micro-fine powders that are highly pigmented, longwearing and crease resistant. Color glides on smoothly, evenly and blends effortlessly. The effects can be subtle of smoldering- the options are endless.  True color application.  Can be applied dry or with a dampened brush for stronger intensity.    Multi-function use for shading, lining and highlighting the eyes.  Classic, neutral and fashion-forward shade pairings.
- Mad Mad World - parakeet green/vivid cyan
- Bouthan - soft pink tulle/bright pink with gold shimmer

Matte Eye Shadow - Luminous, light-reflecting shades for shading, highlighting, and lining eyes. Highly pigmented, longwearing, crease resistant colors that can be applied sheer or layered for more dramatic effects. Color glides on smoothly, evenly and blends effortlessly.  True color application.  Can be applied dry or with a dampened brush for stronger intensity.  Multi-function use for shading, lining and highlighting the eyes.  Sophisticated, luminous shades.
- Persia - paprika

Soft Touch Shadow Pencil - Soft Touch Shadow Pencils provide easy, portable, long-wearing application. These jumbo sized pencils have versatile functionality to shade the lid, line, or highlight the eye. Smooth, creamy texture delivers a smooth, velvety feel to the eye and make for easy blending and an ideal base for layering with a powder shadow for increased color intensity.  Portable application.  Smooth, creamy, long-wearing formula.  Easy and seamless blending.  Ideal base for layering with powder eyeshadow to increase color intensity.
- Corcovado - 24 Carat gold

Blush - The ultimate authority in blush, NARS offers the industry's most iconic shades for cheeks. Natural, healthy-looking color that immediately enlivens the complexion. A light application for even the highest-intensity hues delivers a natural-looking flush.  Silky texture in matte and shimmering shades.  Micronized powder ensures soft, bendable application.  Iconic NARS shades.
- Seduction - sangria

Velvet Lip Gloss Pencil - Gorgeously glossy color in a jumbo lip pencil. Spectacular shine in an innovative, lightweight formula and enriched with Vitamin E plus a blend of moisture-rich hyaluronic spheres that make lips appear fuller.  Ultra smooth, buttery feel on the lips.  Contains vitamin E, hyaluronic spheres and phytosterol esthers; ingredients known to moisturize, increase hydration and improve barrier function.  Convenient, easy application.
- Cytere - soft metallic rose

Satin Lipstick - A lustrous, long-wearing lipstick infused with conditioners to provide comfortable wear and sumptuously silky color.  Smooth, ultra comfortable wear.  Sophisticated shade range.  Patented blend of conditioners and antioxidants that hydrate, nourish and protect lips.
- Dressed to Kill - fuchsia rose with gold shimmer

Shimmer Nail Polish - Fashion-forward and classic NARS Nail Polish shades impart incredible luster and prolonged gloss retention with UV protection to prevent polish discoloration. An advance polymer system provides extended wear and a durable, chip-resistant finish.  Modern, iconic shades.  Long-wearing, chip-resistant finish.  Toluene, formaldehyde and DBP free.
- Disco Inferno - iridescent silver green

My favorites are the pink hues in this collection, just as I thought that they would be when I first looked at the products.  I want the Duo Eye Shadow in Bouthan the most, I will use these two shades together to create a sweet pink eye look and I also plan to mix them with golds and silvers to create all kinds of pretty eye looks for the spring months.  I see so much potential for these two eye shadow shades and I plan to create all kinds of looks with this duo.  My second favorite piece is the Satin Lipstick in Dressed to Kill, this deep rose will work well right now and then into the spring months.  I will also pull it out again next fall and winter too. 

I really only love those two products, some of the others won't work for me at all and I am on fence about some too.  The Velvet Lip Gloss Pencil in Cytere looks on the website like it is almost a pure gold hue, a shade that I won't wear but the description states that it has rose pigments in it.  I will make my decision once I see this product in person at Sephora, I want to see how much rose is really in the shade.  I like the Shimmer Nail Polish shade, Disco Inferno is a greenish silver, it appears mostly silver on the website and isn't very unique but maybe it looks very different in person.  I will check these out in real life the next time that I go to Sephora.

The shade of the Soft Touch Eye Shadow Pencil is very pretty but I have never heard or seen a good review of this product so until the formula is modified, I will be skipping over this product.  I also don't really like any of the other eye makeup shades, the other duo is much too colorful for me to pull off with blue eyes and I just don't like the paprika hue.  Lastly, the Blush is going to be too deep for me to wear well but I do believe that that it will be stunning if you have medium to deeper toned skin.

I really like this collection and the pinks in it are going to be among my favorite pieces for the spring.  I will be needing more products from NARS very soon.

photo courtesy of NARS

No comments: