Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bath and Body Works Beautiful Day

Spring is technically here even though Mother Nature decided to hand us flurries yesterday and I am determined to move into using fragrances and color products that are perfect for spring.  I haven't yet found a new fragrance that I love yet for the season, Flight of Fancy was basically a dud for me and I am putting my purchase of See by Chloe on hold since that would not be a spring fragrance for me.  I will keep using my current bottle of Chloe for the next few weeks (good thing that I love that fragrance) until I try a few more out.  Bath and Body Works has just released a new fragrance for the spring and maybe this one will be the big winner for me this season, Beautiful Day is their newest fragrance choice for the spring and I bought a small vial of it when I bought all of my lotions and shower gels for Fresh Picked.

All of the items in Beautiful Day have now been released and I am about half finished with my sample vial and I am deciding if I will be going forward with this fragrance this spring.  This fragrance is very light and is a combination of green apples and light florals, this is not really my type of fragrance and is very similar in construction to Anna Sui's Flight of Fancy that I really wasn't a big fan of.  The last green apple fragrance that I used was DKNY's Be Delicious and this fragrance is very similar to me.

"As beautiful as the perfect spring day...with sun-kissed apples, wild daisies, and fresh pink peonies.", is the fragrance description from Bath and Body Works.  I have also heard this fragrance described as "spring in a bottle" and I can absolutely see where that description comes from.  More information is provided when I looked at the EDT itself, I started with this product because this is the small tube that I have been using over the past few weeks.  "Our exclusive Beautiful Day fragrance makes you feel like you're having the perfect spring day, full of carefree, delicious moments. The scent starts with a sparkle of sun-kissed apple and finishes with a dash of wild daisies & fresh pink peonies, for a truly bright fragrance that lasts all day!"

The top notes of the fragrance are: Sun-kissed Apple, Dewy Pear, Sparkling Cassis.  The heart notes of Beautiful Day are: Wild Daisies, Lily of the Valley, Fresh Pink Peony.  The bottom notes are: White Peach, Blonde Woods.

This is going to be another one of those fragrances where I don't use the Fragrance Mist or EDT but like and purchase the body products.  The EDT is very apply on me, with just a few hints of florals.  I do not really like fragrances that are this fruity.  With the floral hints, this becomes a fragrance that I do not mind but do not really love, I would use up my sample but I won't be purchasing the full size of the EDT.  This apple fades off me in about an hour and half but then the whole fragrance fades off very quickly after that, this fragrance just doesn't not smell strong enough on me or last long enough for me to wear it.  DKNY's Be Delicious is stronger on me and I would be more likely to repurchase that product rather than this one for the simple fact that I have to reapply this one too much.

The body products are another area of interest for me, I do like the Shower Gel and Body Lotion and I will most likely add them to my collection.  This fragrance comes in the typical product line up: Shower Gel, Body Lotion, Triple Moisture Body Cream, and Shimmer Mist.  It is also available in two brand new forms that I have never seen before and we will look closer at them.

The new forms of Beautiful Day!

Swirl Gel Lotion - Sparkle with radiance and enjoy every delicious moment of spring with our luminous Swirl Gel Lotion. Nourishing formula adds a hint of shimmer for gorgeous, glowing skin.  Shea Butter, soothing Aloe Vera and protective Vitamin E hydrate skin with moisture that lasts all day.

2-in-1 Superfruit Body Scrub and Wash - Say hello to gorgeous skin with our 2-in-1 Superfruit Body Scrub & Wash. Made from antioxidant-rich pomegranate, blueberry and cranberry seeds, our exclusive Superfruit Seed Complex leaves skin feeling ultra-soft, sexy and smooth. Massage onto skin to create a cleansing lather and rinse.  Intensely exfoliating formula reveals instantly smoother skin.

I will buy the Shower Gel and Body Lotion/Triple Moisture Cream in this fragrance and I am considering trying out the body scrub.  This company used to have some of the best body scrubs but they have been disappearing over the years and I would be very happy if I found a new formula that I loved and could buy in a series of fragrances.  I will have to try this one out and then I will report back, I don't love that it has seeds in it since they can have too jagged of edges and tear at skin but I will try this product and see if they create an issue.

Beautiful Day is a great fragrance for those who like light and fruity fragrances but just isn't strong enough for someone who likes a good floral.  This will be another fragrance from Bath and Body Works that I will only use in the body products and nothing else.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: