Sunday, March 3, 2013

MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick

The first new collection of this month from MAC has just released and this is one of the smaller ones of the year, Archie's Girls is still going strong even though many of the products have not yet restocked.  Trust me, I still walk by the counter in Macy*s every single time that I am in the mall, in the hopes that I will see a re-stock in the Lipsticks.  Nothing so far but I am still choosing to remain hopeful.  The first collection for this month is very small and only contains a new formula of Lipstick, it might in my best interests to look in this new formula to see if I can find a dupe of the one shade from Betty that I haven't found in stock anywhere...

The Mineralize line of makeup only seems to get larger every single year, I really liked one of the foundations that I bought in the Mineralize collection but I am not one of the many people who insist that Mineralize products are the best that they have every used.  So I am not going to automatically insist that will be one of the greatest formulas that MAC has ever created but I will try it out and decide what I actually think of the formula itself.  I am hoping for a great pink shade that I can try out and use right now in the spring months.

"Introducing a new Mineralize masterpiece for lips with a luxurious, lightweight formula enhanced with 77-Mineral Moist complex for nutrient-rich moisture. The impact is instant - softer, smoother, more supple lips. The larger lipstick bullet delivers fuller, sleeker application in a single stroke. 12 new shades with bright, colour retention."

Mineralize Rich Lipstick - A 77-Mineral Moist Complex that instantly nourishes lips with maximum moisture in a lightweight, non-sticky formula. Larger bullet applies bright, long lasting colour in a single stroke. Medium shine finish, buildable coverage. Magnetic closure.
- Luxe Naturale - light beige cream
- Posh Tone - soft warm nude cream
- Glamour Era - mid-tonal warm brown frost
- Style Surge - neutral coral cream
- Lady at Play - mid-tonal coral tangerine
- Dreaminess - soft cool pink cream
- Devine Choice - mid-tonal cool pink cream
- Elegant Accent - mid-tonal warm rose cream
- Grande Dame - mid-tonal neutral rose cream
- Everyday Diva - true red cream
- Lush Life - deep cool plum
- All Out Gorgeous - deep warm red

My favorite shades are the pink hues and my plan is to buy them first and then decide what I think of the formula before I buy any others.  The first shade that I want is the one that is pictured here, Devine Choice.  I have been looking for a medium blue pink for a few weeks now and this one could easily fit the bill.  The other shade that I really want is Dreaminess,  this lighter pink is very similar to Viva Glam Gaga but it should have a more pigmented finish than the original with the Lustre finish.  If these two work (and I hope that they do!), my next purchase will be Grande Dame (deep rose) and then Everyday Diva (gotta throw the red in there).  I am very excited to try this formula because I have not really been liking shine or shimmer in many of my lip shades recently and these are almost all creams and there are some shades that hold lots of potential in this new formula.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: