Sunday, March 17, 2013

Clinique Spring 2013 Collection - Spring Violets

The last of the three Clinique collections is based on violet shades and I am really excited about this part of the collection!  I have already talked about how many purple and lilac shades of eye makeup that I have been looking at and buying all season and I am so excited to see what shades of eye shadow are in this part of the spring collection.  I have not yet found a true grape purple eye shadow or a good plum shade of eye liner and I think that this collection could provide the rest of the shades that I need to round out my purple collection.  Looks like I have another counter to hit next time that I go to Macy*s...

I have always loved purple and lilac shades and tend to buy a bunch of them for my eyes each spring season.  But I have never been able to get enough and always want to add more shades to my collection.  I haven't bought much eye makeup from Clinique lately but I used to buy from them all the time and loved each time that I bought so I am ready to buy more eye makeup from this company.

"A bright full-bloom bouquet.  Fresh, fabulous, and fun.", states the Clinique website.  I want to see what lilac shades are made for eyes in this collection and perhaps a lilac lip gloss.  I have never found a lilac lip gloss that I really love (and MAC has many of them that I have tried at counters and have not found the perfect one yet).  Let's check out the last collection of the spring!

Spring Violets from Clinique!

Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes - Sheer wash of lightweight, creamy colour slips on. Layerable and long-wearing. Versatile, too. Glide one on for a swift wash of colour. Contour with another to add depth, and yet another to highlight. There's no need to stop at just one. Appropriate for sensitive eyes and contact lens-wearers.
- 09 Lavish Lilac - deep warm plum shimmer

Quickliner for Eyes Intense - No need to be subtle when it's now so easy to move into the deepest, most dramatic range. Find all the intensity of a liquid liner in one simple stroke. Silky formula glides on. Stays on all day. Never needs sharpening. "Smoke" with the smudge tip on the opposite end. Ophthalmologist Tested.Two great ways to wear it.
- Intense Plum - deep plum cream

Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm - Tempt lips with a soft cushion of colour that's not quite sheer, not quite opaque-just the perfect happy medium. Loaded with mango and shea butters so lips feel comfortably soft and smooth. Eight vibrant shades in all.
- Grandest Grape - medium sheer magenta berry cream

Lash Power Mascara - Mascara with staying power. Vows to look pretty for 24 hours without a smudge or smear. Lasts through rain, sweat, humidity, tears. Yet the formula removes easily with warm water. Unique brush reaches and beautifully lengthens even the tiniest lashes. Ophthalmologist Tested.
- Black Onyx - black

Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Silky formula sweeps effortlessly over cheekbones to create a natural look. Fresh, jet-milled colour builds and blends beautifully to desired intensity with custom sculpting brush. Long-wearing, colour-true. Oil-free.
- Iced Lotus - blue pink with white shimmer

I am actually the most let down by this part of the collection, I was expecting a very different type of product selection from this collection.  All of the eye makeup is more on the plum side and I am not looking for plum shades this time of the year, I would be more interested in this part of the collection in the fall and winter months.  I think that my favorite part of the new collections is still the pink hues that we started out with and I will buy the most from this area of the spring releases.

Well the spring collections are over and now we will move onto the summer collections at the beginning of April.  Now it is time for me to look at what else I need to buy for the spring and finish up my shopping!

photo courtesy of Clinique

No comments: