Saturday, March 23, 2013

Illamasqua Cream Pigment

To celebrate both the official beginning of spring and my week of vacation, I decided that I should make a Sephora order for both some new skincare and new color products.  It came in the other afternoon and I spent a great day playing around with my new products and I am going to review each one over the next few days.  I was so excited to make this order because I have been watching the new night cream from Philosophy for the past few weeks and when I went to make an order at the beginning of the month, it was already sold out and I put off my entire order.  I was so excited to see it back in stock that I ordered right away after I got the notification from Sephora's Customer Service and I would have kept putting this order off had this product not been in stock.

In addition to what might be my new favorite night cream, I also ordered two makeup items: Illamasqua's Cream Pigment and the new Beauty Balm formula from Urban Decay.  I still need to play around with the Beauty Balm before I review it (this is my first Beauty Balm formula) but I am ready to go with the Illamasqua product.  I first saw this product two springs ago in the Toxic Nature collection and this is said to be one of their top rated products and was recommended to me on the Makeup Alley Makeup Board.  So what was I looking for that this product was recommended by several people?  I wanted to find the best pale lilac eye shadow and this one was recommended to me by several people and I really wanted to try it out.  Not that it took much convincing for me to order from Illamasqua...

"A color-rich, water-resistant cream pigment for the lips, cheeks, and eyes that lasts as long as you do.  This versatile cream pigment creates the ultimate in textures on the face, eyes, lips, and anywhere else on the body you fancy. Apply with an Illamasqua brush or simply use your fingers for a buildable and highly pigmented finish that is water-resistant and long-wearing."  This product comes in five shades, four of which I believe were with the original release of the product.

The shades are...

- Mould - matte grape
- Hollow - matte toffee
- Bedaub - matte mint green
- Dab - matte pale lilac
- Delirium - matte rose taupe

I ordered the Dab shade from this product and I am already deciding what other shades that I would like from the formula.  This product is made to used on lips, cheeks, and eyes however I have only used this product on my eyes and I doubt that I would use this shade on any other feature.  This formula is very similar to the rest of the Illamasqua products, it is very pigmented, easy to apply, and lasts all day long without budging.  I use this with an eye primer to avoid creasing and I dab my finger in the pot and then pat it on my eyelids.  I then use a clean finger to blend the product in and soften the edges.  This product delivers vibrant color and it never fades throughout the day, I have never once had to touch this product up.  When I go to remove my makeup at night, this product is still in place and I need a separate eye makeup remover to fully get it off. 

If you like cream eye shadow formulas, this is one of the best that I have ever used.  It is very pigmented and will not budge until you take it off at night.  The next shade that I want to order is the pale mint green shade, Bedaub, this shade will also be perfect for spring and summer.  After that, I want to order both Hollow and Delirium for the cooler weather.  Delirium is the only shade that I might be able to wear on more than one facial feature but I would never wear the others as anything other than eye makeup.  There is a very good reason that Illamasqua is one of my favorite makeup brands and this is yet another great selection from them!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: