Friday, March 1, 2013

Skincare Ingredients Week Day Six - Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

Yesterday we looked at a very effective treatment ingredient for oily and acne-prone skin and today we will look at an ingredient that is recommended for all skin types.  Soy foods and soy milk are fast becoming part of the mainstream and now soy-based skincare products are quickly beginning to catch up their fame.  Whenever you mention soy products to anyone beauty and skincare addict, the first line that will pop into their head is the best-selling and top-rated line of soy-based face products from Fresh.  Indeed, these are some of the best-selling products are from this collection but I don't believe that all their fans truly understand what makes this line so great.  I have just started using face care from Fresh slightly over a year ago, starting with a eye cream and now I have been branching out to the rest of their skin line.  I have had many people recommend the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser to me over the years and when I was listing ingredients that I wanted to look at, soy and Fresh seemed to be a very natural combination.  I know how much love this product gets and I wanted to look into the formula and learn why I love it so much.

Soy is a calming and hydrating ingredient that also helps to deal with redness and pigmentation issues.  Soy can penetrate underneath the top layer of the epidermis and will help to correct signs of depigmentation on a deeper level by promoting healthy cell growth.  The presence of soy and the plant phytoestrogens contained in it will help to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin and help your skin cells regenerate.  This ingredient can be used for both correcting the visible signs of aging and helping to ward off some of the signs, this is an all-around hard working ingredient and can achieve results without a potentially irritating mix of ingredients.  In addition, soy hydrates below the skin's top layer and contains anti-oxidants yet too.  After learning all this, I decided that soy might be one of my new favorite skincare ingredients and one that I want to be purchasing more of in the future.

I have started my journey with soy skincare products with the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser and now I am very much looking forward to buy more products from this line.  "A multitasking gel that gently removes impurities and makeup.  The Soy Face Cleanser from Fresh instantly whisks away everyday impurities and makeup—even mascara—without stripping the skin of essential moisture. Rich in amino acids, soy proteins promote moisture retention, elasticity, and firmness. Rosewater balances and tones the skin. Fragrance-free and soap-free, calming cucumber extract and nourishing borage seed oil enriches its formula.  This product is extra gentle and ideal for all skin types. "In the early nineties, there was a buzz about the health benefits of soy, but no one was exploring its effects on the skin. We found that it is highly rich in amino acids, which help with cell turnover and introduced soy to the beauty market in 1999." —Lev Glazman and Alina Roytberg, Fresh Founders.

This face wash is technically a gel formula but I feel that it is best described as a cream-gel.  A dime-sized drop provides enough product to cover my entire face and it really foams up, in fact I was surprised at the foam level that it provided as it is creamy than your typical gel cleanser.  I didn't like the foam level the first time that I used it, I immediately assumed that it would dry my skin out and that this would be a product that I wouldn't like but I soon changed my opinion.  This product didn't dry out my skin or make my redness any worse, my skin actually felt better after using this product than it did before and I was very happy that I had decided to buy the largest size of this product at Sephora.  I did not even try to use this product to get my eye makeup off, there is simply no plain face wash that will get all of my eye makeup off and I always use a separate eye makeup remover, I will not comment on how well/not well this product gets eye makeup off.  It removed the rest of my makeup without an issue, an aspect that makes me very happy.


Based on the hydrating and anti-oxidant properties of this ingredient, I am very much looking forward to buying this ingredient in a day cream or perhaps a sunscreen.  Fresh has several products in the soy line and I will be checking them out the next time that I go to Sephora.

One more day and one more ingredient!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: