Thursday, March 28, 2013

MAC Fashion Sets

After a somewhat sleepy past few weeks from MAC, they have now released a brand new collection and I know that this will be the first of many collections that will now be coming out for the end of spring and the summer months.  I have heard so much about the upcoming Baking Beauties collection and I cannot wait until it comes out in the middle of April, my shopping list is ready to go and I am so just so excited to see what MAC brings out in the next two months.  Today is the first day that the new Fashion Sets collection is available online and I want to look at the new products as soon as possible!

Fashion Sets contains only three types of products: eye, lip, and nail products.  There was a very similar collection late last spring and I really think this new version of it is more of an update than a brand new collection.  This collection last spring was based on several shades and they are offered in each of the forms and will create a look that allows you to match all of your makeup.  I get really excited about matching lip and nail shades, I love how polished that look is and I would love to go back to the days of glamour.  Speaking of past days of glamour, I am counting the days until The Great Gatsby comes out.

The MAC and Nordstrom website both have the collection available and provide the same collection description.  "Bold brights with a modern edge in four coordinated sets featuring our favourite textures and finishes. Each available in Lipstick, Lipglass, Nail Lacquer and Eye Shadow."  I think I see a bright pink shade here...

Fashion Sets from MAC!

Fashion Sets Eye Shadow - Highly pigmented powder. Applies evenly, blends well.
- Heroine - bright cobalt blue (Matte)
- Ablaze - mid-tone coral (Matte)
- Silly - clean blue pink (Frost)
- Embrace Me - soft pink (Satin)

Fashion Sets Lipstick -  Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made M·A·C famous.
- Heroine - bright violet purple (Matte)
- Ablaze - bright apricot cream (Matte)
- Silly - bright pink cream (Matte)
- Embrace Me - bright fuchsia cream (Matte)

Fashion Sets Lip Pencil - A pencil designed for shaping, lining or filling in the lip. Lip Pencils have a smooth, creamy texture that is perfect for lining the lips or filling them in. They are long-lasting and available in a wide selection of colors that work well with many different lipstick shades. The color of Lip Pencils is protected by vitamin E, which acts as an antioxidant, and they contain emollients that moisturize the lips. Lip Pencils can be worn alone, with Lipstick or Lipglass.
- Heroine - bright purple
- Ablaze - bright apricot
- Silly - bright pink
- Embrace Me - vivid pinkish fuchsia

Fashion Sets Lipglass - A unique lip gloss available in a wide variety of colors that can create a high-gloss, glass-like finish or a subtle sheen. Designed to be worn on its own, over Lip Pencil or Lipstick, Tinted Lipglass is the perfect product for creating shine that lasts. It's pigmented, very shiny and can impart subtle or dramatic color. It contains jojoba oil to help soften and condition the lips. Tinted Lipglass is packaged in a convenient bottle with a sponge-tip applicator that provides a quick, smooth, even application.
- Heroine - bright purple
- Ablaze - bright orange
- Silly - bright pink
- Embrace Me - bright fuchsia

Fashion Sets Nail Lacquer - Revolutionary new high-gloss formula. Visibly different. Provides a no-streak/no-chip finish. Contains conditioners and UV protection. Go hi-lacquer!
- Heroine - bright violet (Cream)
- Ablaze - bright orange (Cream)
- Silly - bright pink (Cream)
- Embrace Me - bright fuchsia (Cream)

I really like this collection and I am already getting some great ideas about how I can create new looks for the spring and summer from it.  My early favorite is the Silly shade, I have been collecting and wearing bright pinks since last summer and my love of this trend is showing no signs of ending.  I was afraid of bright pink shades for so long and avoided them but I became hooked on this color after trying one NARS pink lipstick.  Now I chase down pink shades and wear them as often as I can!

What do I love from this collection?  There is a pretty long list and I have decided to organize my shopping list by color for this collection.  Heroine: I must have the Nail Lacquer from this shade, this will be a hard shade for me to wear and I will skip over the eye and lip makeup from this shade.  Ablaze: This bright orange shade is just not for me and I will be skipping over it totally.  Silly: This is my favorite of the new shades, I want the Lipstick, Lipglass, Nail Lacquer, and Eye Shadow in it; I just love pink shades for this time of the year and this is a great choice.  Embrace Me: This is my second favorite of the shades, I want the Lipstick and Nail Lacquer in this hue.  Embrace Me is deep enough toned that I should be able to take it into the fall months and wear it for several extra months.

With this introduction to MAC's warm weather collections, I am very excited to see what else is coming out in the next two months.  I am still counting the days until Baking Beauties and will be using my Archie's Girls makeup products until that collection arrives to their website and the counters!

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: