Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bobbi Brown Spring 2013 Collection - Lilac Rose

We have now seen the release of the final spring collection from Bobbi Brown and this is my favorite of all them so far.  Lilac Rose is the big spring collection and I can already see that this collection will contain products that I will have to fight to get.  Lilac Rose is just the perfect collection for spring, there are all kinds of pale lavenders and beautiful rose hues for all facial features and I can see myself spending a lot of money on these products!  I have really been into pale lilac shades for eyes this spring and have decided that I must order some from Illamasqua but I am hoping that this collection will provide at least one or two more great options.

The overall collection description is available on the Nordstrom website, "FRESH FROM THE RUNWAY Introducing Bobbi Brown’s Lilac Rose Collection Designed to flatter all skin tones, Lilac Rose is spring’s most-wanted look. Take your pick."  In previous seasons, I have become obsessed with a Bobbi Brown look and used it to create rose gold eye looks for many seasons later on (I still wear and love this look) and I bet that this collection will inspire me for several spring seasons to come!

Here is the Lilac Rose collection!

Lilac Rose Eye Shadow Palette - A modern take on spring florals. A mirrored compact features eight mix-and-match eyeshadows in the season's most-wanted look: heathery neutrals and dusty pinks designed to flatter all skin tones. Includes a range of textures, from shimmer to metallic shades, for buildable color that blooms beautifully. With a deep charcoal that doubles as an eyeliner, the floral-inspired palette is Bobbi's freshest pick for eyes.
- Ivory Eye Shadow - creamy white
- Pale Rose Eye Shadow -  muted pink
- Pink Lily Metallic Eye Shadow - light purple-pink
- Stormy Grey Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow - smoky grey-brown
- Barely There Eye Shadow - soft nude-pink
- Heather Brown Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow - brown heather
- Dusty Lilac Eye Shadow - grey pink
- Black Chocolate Eye Shadow - dark brown

Lilac Rose Sparkle Eye Shadow - Bobbi's fresh take on glitter lights up eyes with a combination of shimmering pearls and fine glitter. Perfect for both day and night.
- Lilac - medium lilac with silver shimmer

Lilac Rose Shimmer Brick - Handmade in Italy, the award-winning editor's favorite highlights skin with five bars of pearlescent shimmer in Bobbi's freshest take on spring florals. Featuring bright pink, golden pink and icy pink pearl pigments perfect for light to medium skin tones. Each bar also doubles up as an eyeshadow.
- Lilac Rose - bright pink/golden pink/icy pearl pink

Lilac Rose Blush - Available in a wide array of shades, Bobbi's Blush Collection offers the best way to give cheeks color that looks fresh and natural. The silky formula glides on smoothly and evenly. Matte finish looks natural and offers long-lasting wear. Now in a sleek, new flip-top compact with a "pop-out-pan" design. Blush shades can be used individually or easily assembled into Bobbi's makeup palettes.
- Pastel Pink - bubble gum pink with satin finish

Lilac Rose Lip Gloss - Bobbi has sized up all her glosses to give you an extra dose of shine. Lip Gloss is formulated with soothing botanical extracts, including avocado, jojoba and chamomile oils plus aloe extract to keep lips soft and supple. Scented with a hint of vanilla.
- Lilac Rose - deep lilac cream
- Pink Lily - medium pink cream
- Pink Lilac - pale pink shimmer

Lilac Rose Brightening Lip Gloss - Bobbi has sized up all her glosses to give you an extra dose of shine. This sheer, reflective formula wakes up your face and helps create the illusion of fuller lips. Wear alone or on top of your favorite Bobbi Brown lipstick.
- Lilac Rose - cool lilac pink with shimmer

Lilac Rose Nail Polish - Inspired by the heathery pink hues of a spring bouquet, Bobbi created her latest shade for nails, Roza, for her Lilac Rose Collection.
- Roza - heather pink cream

My favorite piece of the collection is the Eye Shadow Palette, I love this collection of shades and I know that I would get lots of use from these shades.  I could use these shades this season and then well into the next few seasons so I know that this would be a great product for me.  I love the combination of roses and neutrals in this palette and I would be able to mix these shades with many that I already own.  This will be a great purchase for me and I will be looking for this product the next time that I go to the counter.

The next item that I must have from the collection is the Sparkle Eye Shadow in the lilac shade, I love this shimmering lilac and this will make quite a statement this spring and then into the summer.  This will be a great addition to my lilac eye shadow collection.  The rest of the items that I really want are the lip shades, I love these lip glosses in this collection and I always want more lip glosses.  My favorite is the Pink Lily shade, I love this medium rose cream gloss and this will be perfect to wear in many situations and will all kinds of eye makeup looks.  This is a must have for me this spring!

This might be one of my favorite collections of the spring and I can't wait to visit the Bobbi Brown counter.  I am on vacation from work next week and I am planning a shopping trip already!

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: