Friday, March 8, 2013

Guerlain Spring 2013 Collection - Cils d'Enfer

The spring collections are beginning to come to an end and I am already well into my spring makeup and perfume shopping.  I only have a handful of spring collections to look at yet and I expect to be finished right before the end of the month and then getting ready to move onto the summer collections right after that.  Today we are going to look at the spring collection from Guerlain, a line that I often drool over but don't have the best access to.  I will say that the Sephora in the closest mall has begun to expand their Guerlain line and now I can actually try more of the products before I buy them so I am looking very closely at this spring collection since I can now really use some of these products.  The last thing that I need to fall in love with another makeup line but I have heard that so many of these products are top quality and I think that this would be a good line for me to fall in love with...

Any Guerlain collection is highly anticipated by all the beauty bloggers and the whole beauty industry and I know that this one is no exception.  Whether or not new products are introduced or only new shades in current products, this company has such an avid and loyal fan base that the new collection will sell out instantly and raves will be earned for each item.  I personally tend to be most excited about their lip and fragrance products but I am certain that every product that they offer is top quality. 

The Nordstrom website has the entire collection featured and all information will be pulled from here.  "Experience an array of fresh pinks and staggering curl with Guerlain's Spring 2013 Collection starring the versatile Cils d'Enfer Maxi Lash Mascara and legendary Météorites Perles du Perles in a limited edition size."  A new mascara formula is always a reason to celebrate!

Here is the spring collection from Guerlain!

Ecrin 4 Couleurs Eye Shadow Palette - The essence of color: one palette, four shades. Create, have fun and dare to wear color as an accessory. These palettes were specifically designed to be used together and can be mixed, matched and blended with no fear of mistakes. Application is extremely simple, intuitive, fun—and risk-free! Choose your range: each palette offers iridescent, matte, satin and metallic shadows.
- 501 Attrape Coeur - mauve/white/violet/deep purple shimmer
- 502 Coup de Foudre - green/silver/bronze-khaki/coral

Cils d'Enfer Maxi Lash Mascara - Introducing Cils d'Enfer - Maxi Lash, the mascara that creates just the right volume in the blink of an eye for a look that instantly captivates.  Featuring an innovative formula for maximum volume curl and hold, experience astonishing volume and staggering curl thanks to a high-performance polymer trio.  First: Wraps the lashes in extremely adherent oils to thicken.  Second: Made with supple waxes, it acts as a conditioner, softening the lashes so you can sculpt them into just the right shape and style.  Third: Acts as a finishing touch to set the amazing curve.
- 01 Noir - deep black
- 02 Violet - bright purple

Rouge Automatique Lip Color - Rouge Automatique hydrating long-lasting lip color: automatically fashionable. Coveted as an It Bag, precious as a gem, glamorous as stilettos! Open and close with just one hand. Its innovative formula combines long-lasting hold with comfort and radiance. Rouge Automatique offers a burst of color, available in a bouquet of 25 shades.
- 600 Ballade - nude cream
- 601 Romance - pale nude cream

Shine Automatique Lip Color - Shine Automatique hydrating lipstick is for the fun and flirty girl who wants to add a little sparkle to her life. Guerlain introduces Shine Automatique, a moisturizing and long-lasting lipstick that combines bold color with pearly particles to give your lips discreet yet exceptional shine. Lips are left soft, smooth and luminous. Now available in a bouquet of 12 shades.
- 761 Flirt - medium berry shimmer
- 762 Rendez-Vous - deep cool berry shimmer

Kiss Kiss Lip Gloss - Lips get drenched in sheer, pearly or sparkly color with the new Kiss Kiss Gloss! Its revolutionary nonsticky formula keeps lips moisturized while water-resistant and magnifying esters ensure long-lasting effects with a boost of volume. Its flat, smooth brush provides accurate application. Available in three different formulas: Petal Effect gives sheer coverage, Pearl Effect gets a boost of pearly essence, and Gloss Effect provides a subtle sparkling finish.
- 870 Cherry Pink - pale pink shimmer
- 849 Fizzy Mango - bright coral shimmer

Meteorites Perles du Paradis Illuminating Sparkling Powder - Guerlain's legendary magic pearls illuminate your skin with a beautiful radiance. Pearls from paradise features six skin-toned and pastel shades in an oversized, limited-edition case. The traditional correcting colors, blue and green, have been replaced by pink, to brighten dull areas, and silver, to reflect ambient light for a one-of-a-kind glow.  The complexion is instantly rejuvenated and lightened with a subtle shimmer for a revitalized look, perfect for every skin tone. The magic of Meteorites Perles du Paradis is enhanced by a beautiful pink powder puff to provide flawless application.

So what do I love the most from this collection?  I want the Kiss Kiss Gloss in the pale pink shade (Cherry Pink), I have been buying a lot of lip glosses and lipsticks this spring and I want to add this one to my collection.  All I have bought so far has been pink so I certainly don't need this product but I really like the shade and want to try this formula from Guerlain and see how it fits in with my current gloss collection. 

The other item that I really want from this collection is the Ecrin 4 Couleurs Eye Shadow Palette in the purple hues.  I have already ordered a new lilac colored eye shadow from Sephora but I love all four of these shades and I will be using them all spring, this palette is already sold out on the Nordstrom website so I will be tracking it down in another way but I really must have this palette.  These are the only color two items that I really want from this collection.  I am want to try the mascara and I am sure that this will be available at Sephora so I will pick it up the next time that I visit the store.  I am certainly open to trying many other items from the collection but I want to try some of the testers first to make my decision.  I am one of the few people who has never worked with the Meteorites Perles and I know that they sell them at my Sephora store so I will be able to try them out.  I will try them and report back next time that I go to Sephora!

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: