Monday, March 18, 2013

Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Face Serum

Yesterday we finished up the last of the spring collections and we will be beginning the summer collections in about three or four weeks.  I am very excited to take my time off this week and spend at least a good day or two beauty product shopping and I am so much looking forward to the weather getting and to start wearing my new spring outfits and fragrances.  But I just looked out of the window...and it is snowing.  Class is actually cancelled tonight due to the winter weather so I am just thinking spring in my brain and curling up with my textbooks in front of the fire place.  Perhaps the weather will be nicer by the end of the week for the actual first day of spring...

I have been battling very dry skin later than usual this spring due the longer winter weather and today I want to spotlight a key product in my arsenal to fight dry skin.  I have always loved Caudalie products and I will never hesitate to try a new product from them and I have almost always loved every single product that I buy.  The newest product that I have been using is a newer hydration serum from this company, the Vinosource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Face Serum.  I typically use the redness reducing Vinosource serum from this company but this product looked really interesting when it came out late last summer and I decided to try a bottle out.  I am almost through the bottle that I have been using for the past few weeks and am already plotting to order another bottle during the upcoming Sephora Friends and Family sale.

"An oil-free serum that captures and continually diffuses water deep within the skin to restore its moisture balance and leave skin feeling soft and supple.  Organic grape water is the key ingredient for reactivating the skin’s hydration mechanisms and replenishing its water reserves, while polyphenol antioxidents provide protection against UV rays and free radicals. Gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin, this serum is an ideal base for moisturizer, allowing for deeper penetration that will leave skin refreshed, hydrated, and comfortably soft. This hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and oil-free formula is perfect for all skin types. For best results, use with Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet.", states the Sephora website when describing the product.

Sephora also provides the following clinical results with the use of the product. "Organic Grape Water: - 61% decreased sensitivity and 121% increased hydration".

I have been in love with this product so far and I can see a difference in my skin after four full weeks of use and I will continue to use this throughout the spring and summer.  First of all, I want to start off my review of the product by stating that this is not a moisturizer and can not be used in place of your moisturizer, the results will not be to your liking and this is not how it was made to used.  This product is made to be used before moisturizer and will set up your skin to allow the hydrating benefits to penetrate deeper and have more impact on your skin.  When I use the product by itself, I do not see much difference in my skin, I have to apply moisturizer with it and then I see a world of difference in my skin hydration level and texture.  My skin is much softer and I have to use much less product to see results that I would only see if I covered my face with tons of product. 

Sephora recommends that this product be used twice a day on clean, dry skin.  I started by using it only at night but then went up to using it twice a day to reap the full benefits of the serum.  When I only used the product once, I used it at night and my face looked great but I never could duplicate the results in the morning.   I learned quickly that I had to use this product twice a day or I would not get the benefits from it. 

I will be buying another bottle of this product very soon as my winter skin issues don't seem to be ending at any time soon.  I do wonder if there will be a point to me using it in the summer when I am self tanning as my skincare routine does change but I will cross that bridge when I get there.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: