Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Smoothing Body Scrub

Body scrubs are one of my favorite body products and I am always excited to try new fragrances and formulas from nearly every single beauty product company.  I am someone who uses scrubs in every single season and consider them to be one of the staples of my body product regime, I scrub at least once a week and usually try to get in a second round once every few weeks.  I have very dry skin all throughout the year and I have found that my moisturizers just don't work correctly unless I take the extra step to exfoliate as much dead skin off as I can before using the products.  It consistently amazes me when people do not use scrubs or body brushes...what is the point of using great product on dead skin cells that aren't going to absorb it and waste it? 

I exfoliate every single season how I do change up my formulas with the season as I want different results at different times of the year.  In the winter, I need a sugar scrub that will get dry skin off without being harsh on my very dry skin.  I use the same type of formula in the spring because I am trying to get the rest of the dead winter skin off before I start wearing skirts and using self tanner.  I find these two seasons to be the most important for scrubs and this when I use them the most.  In the summer and fall months, I will use a lighter formula scrub and it is more for self tanner maintenance and for general skin health (once I stop using tanner for the season).  Right now, I am using a light, foaming formula from the Aromatherapy line from Bath and Body Works.

One of my all time favorite scrub formulas is the Sugar Scrub from Bath and Body Works' Aromatherapy line.  I have used this scrub since I worked there in college and this is one of the few products that I have consistently bought for years now.  My only issue with this product is that it is too heavy for the warm weather month, it is a combination of hydrating oil and sugar.  A great choice for the winter and spring but too much for the summer and early fall.  For quite a long time, I simply resigned myself to using these scrubs only during the winter months used other formulas from this and other beauty brands during the summer months.  However this is no longer the case!

The Aromatherapy line now has a second scrub formula and one that is much better for the summer months.  I believe that I first saw this product about two years ago when some of the new Energy blends came out but I have just purchased a tube of the Stress Relief formula and have been using it for about two weeks now. 

"Gentle enough to use every day, this foaming body scrub cleanses and softens skin while an aromatherapy blend of essential oils and natural ingredients enhances body, mind & mood. Massage gently over skin during a shower or bath. Breath deeply for best results. Rinse well.  Eucalyptus essential oil clears the mind while Spearmint Essential Oil uplifts to help improve concentration."

This scrub is great for the summer months, it is very light, foams up quickly, and then rinses clean with no oil in the formula.  I use this once a week in between self tanning treatments to keep my color even and the products absorbing correctly.  I use this on clean, wet skin and I love the way that it keeps my tan even and natural looking.  I personally love the Eucalyptus Spearmint scent from Aromatherapy but I was a bit disappointed to see that this was the only scent that it was available (or in stock in), I would love to own this in the Sleep blends or the other Eucalyptus fragrance in the Aromatherapy line. 

I'm glad that I found another scrub formula to use in the summer months, normally this is the time of the year that I have a harder time trying to find good scrub formulas as many of the good ones are too heavy for this time of the year.  I will be using this formula for the rest of the summer and into the beginning of fall.  I just hope that a few more fragrances get released in it...

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: