Thursday, May 2, 2013

Lancome Summer 2013 Collection - Aquatic Summer

May is finally here and that means that I have one final left between me and a nice, long, relaxing summer vacation!  As far as I am concerned, summer shopping season is now in swing and I will be ordering from Sephora to celebrate the end of this semester, even though I just ordered for their Friends and Family Event, I still have another list of items that I want to buy and am getting yet another order together!  I am so excited to spend a whole summer blogging and reading good books...even though I will begin to start reviewing old textbooks for my fall classes by the beginning of July!  I am counting the hours until my last final and am taking some time away from studying to look at another summer collection right now!

Today I am all about the new Lancome collection, I still have not yet ordered a second bronzer for the summer months and I know that Lancome creates fabulous bronzers.  It goes without saying that a bronzer will be in my next Sephora order so right now I am skewing my summer collection coverage to companies that have been known in past seasons for top rated and award winning bronzer formulas.  Today we are looking at Lancome and I am hoping that both Clinique and Clarins have their summer collections up now or will have them up within the next few days!

Lancome's summer collection is named Aquatic Summer and contains more than one formula of bronzer along with some new shades of their famous nail polish formula.  The collection is comprised of products that contain shades of bronzes and aquas for all features of the face.  The Macy's website has additional description of the collection that the Lancome website does not so I will provide that one for all of you.  "Lancôme invites you to plunge into our Aquatic Summer Color Collection. Ultramarine greens and electric blues echo cool spontaneity, while warm summer rays transform into golden glows. Bronzed skin, glossy lips and nails, and a customized eye look is the perfect way to transition from the winter blahs into summer sizzle."

Aquatic Summer from Lancome!

Star Bronzer Palette - Artistry Made Easy: Star Bronzer Palette offers 3 simple steps to tan, blush and highlight your complexion. For any skintone, any face shape - your tan is magnified. The 3 powder formulas are silky for a smooth and even application. They blend seamlessly, and build from sheer to intense coverage.  Add instant color, shimmer and healthy glow to cheeks and temples.  This palette contains a bronzer, blush, and highlighter.
- Bronze Essence - peachy pink blush/medium tan bronzer/sheer golden highlighter

Star Bronzer Long Lasting Powder Bronzer - This sheer silky-light powder delivers a natural sun-kissed glow in any season. Exceptional light-reflecting pigments ensure a radiant, tanned makeup result. Smooth and comfortable texture blends effortlessly and evenly into the skin. Skin feels silky soft and even toned.  Result: Radiant, yet natural-looking, for a bronzed complexion that stays fresh and color-true throughout the day.  Suitable for all skin types. Oil-free. Fragrance-free. Non-acnegenic. Non-comedogenic. Allergy-tested for safety.  Available in a range of shades to complement all skintones.

Le Stylo Waterproof - Formulated for an intense eye look to withstand everything from tears to inclement weather, this waterproof eyeliner has a unique twist tip that never needs sharpening. Won't skip, smudge or streak. The easy-glide, creamy texture helps you create any look you like.
- 403 Blue Oasis - teal blue
- 102 Bronze Riche - rich metallic bronze

Hyponose Star 24H Waterproof Mascara - Show stopping volume mascara that provides weightless volume, luscious length, 24 hour wear.  Weightless Volume, Defined and Lengthened Lashes.  Dual-sided brush perfectly coats lashes and maximizes the performance of the long wearing, waterproof formula. The result is layerable, weightless volume and luscious length that lasts 24 hours.
- 01 Noir Midnight - black

Color Fever Lip Gloss - A gloss that drenches lips in captivating color and mega-watt shine that’s downright dazzling. With one gliding stroke, lips look more sensual and voluptuous, thanks to Lancôme’s Vinyl Shine System that keeps color vibrant, and shine luminous and lasting without any sticky or tacky feeling. Moisture-boosting ingredients ensure lips feel soft, smooth and comforted all day. Application is always flawless with the unique Lip-Sculpt™ applicator that contours the curves of your lips perfectly in a variety of gorgeous shades.
- Sunbaked Coral - pink coral with gold flecks
- Metallic Sunburst - melon coral with sparkle

Vernis in Love - Inspired by the new trendy Rouge In Love lip collection, Vernis in Love is a high potency nail lacquer perfectly themed to compliment every woman's mood and style. With ultimate brilliance, intense color, and a mistake-free application, your nails will love the lasting shine and pop of color that stays put for days.
- 500 Simply Aqua - very pale blue cream
- 545 Aqua Blue - medium blue cream
- 561 Plumge Pool - deep periwinkle blue cream

Le Curler Aqua - Limited-edition aquatic teal color.  Introducing Le Curler, the latest innovation from Lancôme for instant lift and lasting curl. Its specially designed hinge and no-slip grip give you ultimate control to prevent pinching and pulling for the most dramatic lash result.  So gentle on your lashes, the unique silicone pads guard against lash breakage and cushion every lash for a sweeping, crease-free curl. The precise curved design of the curler fits any eye shape and lash type, and easily captures all of your lashes.

Cheek and Contour Brush #25 - This versatile, dual-ended natural-hair brush is the ideal partner to contour the face and create a customized, naturally sculpted look. The flat, oval shape gently lays product on the skin, while the flat circular tip gives a precise application.  Benefits & Technology: Dual-ended feature offers easy application on the go, Oval-shaped side easily and evenly applies color for a professional blushing and highlighting effect, Short, flat side precisely and evenly applies contour for a foolproof reshaping effect.

O D'Azur - Carefree. Enticing. Surprising. Drift away on a sensual voyage off the Mediterrean coast with Ô D'AZUR. The fruity-floral scent captures the feeling of relaxed sensuality on a late summer afternoon where the warm golden sand is complimented by the sparkling blue ocean.  Top Notes: Sicilian Bergamot, Calabria Lemon essence.  Heart Notes: Rose, Peony.  Base Notes: Modern woody notes, Musk.

I am really interested in four products in this collection; the bronzer palette, the bronzer, the new nail polish shades, and the perfume.  At this point in the season, I am nearly done buying any warm weather perfumes, by the time that I begin to find room for the bottles on my dresser and begin using them, fall will be just around the corner and they will end up just taking up space on my dresser as I want to get more into heavier fragrances.  That being said, I will need to try this at the counter and then maybe put a bottle aside for next spring, the mixture of rose, peony, and the light citrus scents could be a great fragrance for me and a staple in my fragrance line up.

As much as I want a new bottle of perfume now, I need to look at the color products as these are what I am much more likely to be buying right now.  My top priority is another bronzer formula, I think that I will start off with the traditional single bronzer, then if I like that formula I might consider purchasing the palette that has the bronzer inside.  The website didn't give much of a description of what shade is contained in the palette or if there are more than one shade of bronzer that is available in the palette.  This might have to be seen at the counter before I order it.

I want every single shade of the nail polish, one of the last products that I should be growing my collection of!  All of the blues are great shades and are different than the blues that I already own.  Everyone knows that I cannot resist any shade of blue polish and these are three great blues!  I have never used a nail polish from Lancome before and now I feel that I need to start collecting polishes from this new formula.

I must concentrate on finding another bronzer formula for the summer even though I keep getting distracted by fragrances and nail polishes.  I am hopeful that Lancome formulas are really as good as all the hype surrounding them and I can't wait to find you!

photo courtesy of Lancome

No comments: