Monday, May 13, 2013

Bath and Body Works Pure Paradise

This has a been a big spring for Bath and Body Works, it seems like every month at least one new fragrance has come out along with all kinds of new scents in candles and hand soap.  The last thing that I need is more shower gel but I always want to try new scents from this company and am always end up buying some items from each new fragrance, once you have worked there it seems that you never fall out of wanting new products and know how fast the items go and when to stock up.  I am hoping for a Buy 3, Get 3 sale for Memorial Day but I don't know that I will be able to hold out until the end of this month for a sale like that.  Bath and Body Works has gone from spring products to summer products and this is my favorite time of the year to buy body products.  This is also the time of the year that I buy enough products to last me all through the cold weather months, I am not a spice or pumpkin fan so I will be using coconut and mango scents all through the year. 

Today is the first day that Pure Paradise is available at Bath and Body Works and I will be buying some of it before the weekend hits.  I tried the Fragrance Mist tester out several weeks ago and I think that this might be one of my favorite fragrances in a long time from this company, it is rare that I find a fragrance from this company that I want to purchase and use as more than just body products.  I want this in all the body products and the matching Fragrance Mist because this tropical floral scent is unique, pretty, and perfect for pairing with a sundress on a summer night!

The Bath and Body Works website provides a fragrance description and a detailed look at the notes that are found in this fragrance.  "Pure Paradise is an island fantasy inspired by white sand beaches, endless blue skies and clear turquoise waters as far as the eye can see. This alluring fragrance is a sparkling blend of fresh star fruit, frangipani and water lily drenched in sun-kissed coconut and white musk."

The top notes are: Fresh Star Fruit, Juicy Guava, Dewy Cassis.  The heart notes of the fragrance are: Luscious Gardenia, Frangipani, Watery Lily.  The bottom notes are: White Musk, Blond Woods, Sun-Kissed Coconut.

On me, this fragrance is a mixture of the sweet Starfruit and the florals.  This is the tupe of tropical fragrance that I would wear out at night with a sundress, this is not your typical beachy or casual fragrance.  This is more what I imagined that Bronze Goddess from Estee Lauder would smell like and it is surprising how expensive this fragrance smells, the Fragrance Mist smells quite strong and rivals many of the more expensive tropical fragrances that I have tried.  This is one of the few Bath and Body Works fragrances that I actually loved in the Fragrance Mist, typically I only buy body products from the Signature Collection with a few EDTs in here and there but Fragrance Mist is not a product that I use.  I do wish that this fragrance came in the EDT, I would buy it in a minute to add to my perfume collection.

This fragrance comes in the normal range of Signature Collection products; shower Gel, Body Lotion, Triple Moisture Body Cream, Fine Fragrance Mist, 2-in-1 Superfruit Body Scrub and Wash, and Lip Gloss.  There are also three unique products that are released in this fragrance: Beach Glow Body Lotion, Beach Bronze Leg Shine, and Beach Waves Hair Mist.

Beach Glow Body Lotion - Add a radiant, sun-kissed glow to skin all summer long. Our Beach Glow Body Lotion adds instant glamour and shimmer to skin for a beach-ready body!  A summer-chic blend of sparkling star fruit & ocean-kissed frangipani blossoms… it’s pure paradise in a bottle!  Apply evenly to legs, arms and wherever you want a silky smooth, bronze glow. Let dry before dressing and you're ready to glow!  Contains soothing, refreshing Aloe.
 
Beach Bronze Leg Shine - Add the perfect hint of tint and shimmer for flawless, bronzed, beach sexy legs. Our velvety shine effortlessly glides onto skin for the smoothest, most radiant legs!  A summer-chic blend of sparkling star fruit & ocean-kissed frangipani blossoms… it’s pure paradise in a bottle!  Shake well. Apply evenly to legs. Let dry before dressing, then it’s time to shine!
 
Beach Waves Hair Mist - Add incredible texture to get tousled, wavy hair for an effortlessly sexy beach blown look. A few quick mists and you'll become the envy of bronze bombshells everywhere!  A summer-chic blend of sparkling star fruit & ocean-kissed frangipani blossoms… it’s pure paradise in a bottle!  Use on dry or damp hair. Work through hair and use fingers to scrunch and twirl for sexy, beach blown waves.  Leaves hair feeling soft, never sticky or shiny.  Contains mineral-rich sea salt.
 
I have picked up a few pieces of this fragrance already today and I plan to get more items if Bath and Body works does a sale on Memorial Day.  I bought the Fragrance Mist, Shower Gel, Body Lotion, and Triple Moisture boy Cream already and I put some of each of the bronzer products on my arms so that I could see the differences.  I am not sold on either of them yet, the Beach Glow Body Lotion provides a hint of bronze color with a bit of shimmer while the Leg Shine is much more dramatic in both aspects.  I would be more likely to buy the Lotion version, the Leg Shine could look too over the top for me and I would have to sustain a pretty deep self tan to use it. 
 
I am excited that I have some new body products for the summer and I will be pairing this fragrance with a cute little sundress for all kinds of summer dates!
 
photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: