Monday, May 6, 2013

MAC Cremesheen Lipglass



I have talked on this blog before about MAC Cremesheen Lipglass and how I had somehow never tried this formula.  I have been using this spring season to try all kinds of new products and I have been very successful with finding new favorites.  I remember that this gloss was introduced about four years ago and I believe that it was a limited edition product.  The shades immediately sold out and a pale lavender shade was one of the top lip gloss picks of that season.  Several months later, the collection came back out and it held a permanent place in the MAC Lipglass line up. 

I know that I am not alone when I say that I get distracted by all the limited edition collections that MAC releases on a monthly basis, I tend to get obsessed with finding certain items and seem to come to the counter with blinders on.  I only look at the permanent collection fixtures when I am not looking for any items that are limited edition and I have some extra time on my hands to browse.  I also know that I cannot be alone when I state that many of the permanent collection products are better quality and higher performing than some of the more coveted limited edition collections.  Case in point - this product.  Over the past two years, I have admired several of my friends and co-workers lip gloss shades and over the half of the time, they have pulled a tube of this product from this purse to show me.  I think that this product does not get the love that it deserves and I want to change that!

From my original understanding, Cremesheen is a cross between a lip gloss and a lipstick.  While the Sheen Supreme Lipstick is a very hydrating and soft lipstick, I would consider this formula to a higher pigmented cream lip gloss.  MAC has been doing these hybrid products for a few years now and I am all about these unconventional formulas!

"A lip finish that fuses the creamy, sheen-filled nature of Cremesheen Lipstick with the shine of M∙A∙C Lipglass. Soft, comfortable, non-sticky. Applies with a doe-foot applicator. Use as a top layer to its namesake Lipstick or on its own."

Here are the available shades of the product!

- Boy Bait - light neutral beige with pearl
- Right Image - midtone blue pink
- Loud and Lovely - blue pink
- Double Care - coral red
- Deelight - mid-tone neutral
- Over Indulgence - neutral brown
- Richer, Lusher - peach coral
- Fashion Whim - light beige
- Fashion Scoop - clear pink
- Japanese Spring - pale dirty pink
- Just Superb - dirty neutral pink
- Narcissus - dirty eggplant
- Paper Lantern - frosted soft warm pink
- Pagoda - frosted cool pink
- Partial to Pink - light creamy yellow pink with light gold pearl
- Calypso Beat - pale neutral peach
- Double Happiness - frosted light nude
- Floating Lotus - frosted soft rose
- Rising Sun - frosted bright orange
- Imperial Light - frosted light peach
- Dynasty at Dusk - frosted neutral pink
- Fever Isle - bright red coral

I own three shades of this gloss and there are a few more that I need to order, my counter has been out of everything lately and I wasn't able to get all the shades that I originally wanted.  I bought Loud and Lovely, Floating Lotus, and Boy Bait. 

The formula of this Lipglass is great, it is easy to apply and very pigmented.  These glosses have the same level of pigment as a sheer lipstick and all three shades that I have provide rich, creamy color.  These are much more pigmented than the average lip gloss and I treat them as a lipstick when choosing the rest of my makeup for the day.  The brighter and deeper shades will look garish against strong eye makeup, just as a bright or deep full pigment lipstick would.  This gloss doesn't have the best wear time, but none of MAC Lipglasses do and the wear time was pretty close to the others in the line.  I found this gloss to be less sticky than the Plushglass or the Tinted Lipglass formulas that I have in my collection.  The scent is the traditional vanilla fragrance that is found in all MAC lip product. 

Loud and Lovely is my early favorite, it is pigmented magenta that never fails to get me compliments when I wear it.  Boy Bait is a good neutral and provides a nude lip, this one could be worn against strong eye makeup as it produces a light nude lip.  Lastly, Floating Lotus is a pretty rose that is very easy to wear and will be one of staple lip gloss shades from MAC.  The display of these glosses was have empty and I didn't have quite the selection that I was hoping for after looking at the shades on the website.  Loud and Lovely and Boy Bait were among my original choices and I was pleased to buy both of them, however I had a few that I wanted more than Floating Lotus.  I liked Floating Lotus when I saw it online and I would have bought it eventually anyway.  The shades that I wanted and didn't see: Fashion Scoop, Right Image, Partial to Pink, Paper Lantern, and Dynasty at Dusk.  I will collect these shades over the next few months as I over online or visit other counters.

A new MAC lip love!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: