Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Clinique High Impact Mascara

I have been using a lot of products from Clinique lately and the newest mascara formula that I bought is from this line.  I had used their mascaras several years ago and I often liked them, but I never really loved them.  I got many of their mascaras in the past from all the free gifts with purchase and I have reviewed a bunch of their formulas here and I used one of their waterproof formulas for my Beach Theme Week about two years so I am quite familiar with their formulas.  Earlier this month, I ordered a tube of the High Impact formula from Sephora and have been using it for the past few weeks.  I remember having a tube of this mascara way back in college and I wanted to try it again before I reviewed it.  I wondered if the formula had changed since then so I see that the tube has changed, the only way for me to be sure was for me to order another tube of it and try it all over again.  I am happy to say that this formula has remained the same and that I have a good formula that I can easily get whenever I need to.

Clinique has easily become one of my favorite brands over the past few months and I have been buying almost all their skincare products over the first half of this year and I have been adding some of their makeup products to my purchases too.  Earlier this spring, there was not a Sephora purchase that I made without something from Clinique contained in it and my collection grew very rapidly.  I now have a mascara that I love from this line of products and one formula that I know will not irritate my eyes and the skin around them.  I love that I can add another product to my "safe" list, I need a list of products that I can completely trust since I have more than enough problems with irritation and product allergies and after I get a flare-up, I need to go back to something that I can 100% trust.  As of right now...most of these products are Clinique!

"A richly pigmented mascara that kicks up the volume of each individual lash.  Get instant drama! Pump up the volume and length of each lash for a look that's lusher, plusher, and bolder. Dress your lashes in pure, deep color—wear it once and you'll feel naked without it.  Ophthalmologist tested."

This is the best mascara that I have ever used from Clinique and one of the most solid and best on the market.  This is technically a volumizing mascara however it is not made to give the huge, fake-looking lashes that I typically crave.  I never thought that I would say this but I am starting to get away from always wanting the massive eye lashes and I am beginning to believe that I should have two mascara formulas.  I am beginning to think more about the types of careers that I want after I graduate from my MBA and I feel that many of them will not find dramatic makeup to be appropriate and I am beginning to divide my products into "day" and "night" items.  This mascara would fall into the "day" category.  

One coat of this mascara is enough to volumize my lashes for daytime or a professional environment, two coats are then needed when I got out after work.  I bought the Black shade, it is a great inky black shade that even covers all of my lashes with only one coat.  This formula doesn't clump and I have no problems with it flaking off.  This is a great formula of mascara and lasts all day long without having to be touched up or declumped.  I use a regular eye makeup remover to get it off and I can get about 95% of it off with one or two swipes across each eye, the rest I can get off in the shower. 

This is in my Top Ten of mascara formulas, it is probably one of the most dependable formulas that I have ever used.  It can easily be taken from day to night and would work in almost any circumstance, from work to class to going out for dinner.  I also love how this product is safe for sensitive eyes and anyone could get great results from this mascara.  I will repurchase this mascara again and it remains as a top choice on my "safe" list.  Another winner from Clinique!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: