Sunday, May 12, 2013

Clinique Summer 2013 Collection - 5 Minutes to Pretty

The Clinique summer collection seems to be very different then all of the others that we have looked at so far, this collection is called 5 Minutes to Pretty and is all about using products that create an easy, laid back look for the relaxed warm weather months.  I love this concept since I wear about half of the face makeup in the summer than I normally do throughout the rest of the year.  I give up foundation for about three months of the year and switch from a loose powder to a BB Cream and a bronzer.  In addition, I am more concerned with SPF protection than a flawless finish and use a combination of self tanner and bronzer to even out and cover up any flaws on my face.  This is the only time of the year that I can truly create a full makeup look in less than ten minutes, a fact that comes in handy when running around in the summer months.

I have been using a lot of Clinique sun care and skincare products over the past few months and am at the point that I wouldn't hesitate to purchase any product from this line.  I have a mascara from this line sitting in my Sephora cart and I want to try some of the lip crayons that I saw the last time that I was at counter.  This is quickly becoming a brand that I can fully rely on and is a favorite skincare brand of mine already.  I am also excited to try some of their BB and CC creams yet this summer/early fall.

"Streamlining your makeup routine is even more important when sunny weather's calling.  Here's a look you can create fast - without any fuss.", states the Clinique website when providing a description of the collection.  This collection contains only five products and will be very easy for anyone to create for work or a vacation day.  I see the CC Cream in this collection, along with a pretty pink hue of the lip crayon that I am so excited to try!

5 Minutes to Pretty!

Moisture Surge CC Cream Hydrating Corrector Broad Spectrum SPF 30 - One simple step for glowing skin. Lightweight formula instantly colour corrects a range of complexion concerns - redness, dullness, sallowness - so all you see is a healthy-looking glow. Oil-free hydration and sunscreen mean a more flawless look tomorrow, too. Each versatile shade is appropriate for a range of skin tones and undertones.  Available in a full range of shades to complement every skintone.

Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes - Sheer wash of lightweight, creamy colour slips on. Layerable and long-wearing. Versatile, too. Glide one on for a swift wash of colour. Contour with another to add depth, and yet another to highlight. There's no need to stop at just one. Appropriate for sensitive eyes and contact lens-wearers.
- 04 Ample Amber - medium bronze with a hint of shimmer

Naturally Glossy Mascara - Gel-based formula defines lashes naturally. Lengthens, glosses, enhances. Lashes stay silky, pliant, clump and flake-free through multiple coats. Ophthalmologist tested.
- Jet Black - deep glossy black

True Bronze Pressed Powder Bronzer - Lightweight powder bronzer creates a natural-looking, sun-kissed radiance. Blends, builds easily to your desired level of bronze. Perfect for on-the-go glow. Long-wearing. Oil-free.
- Sunswept - warm bronze with flecks of gold pearl
- Sunkissed - pink bronze
- Sunblushed - reddened bronze

Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm - Super-nourishing balm is loaded with mango and shea butters. Just what dry, delicate lips need to feel comfortably soft and smooth. Sixteen natural-looking lip tints in all, each with a subtle sheen.
- Woppin' Watermelon - bright sheer pink

I want this whole collection and I will be picking most of it up very soon, my favorite pieces are the CC Cream and the Chubby Stick Balm in that pretty pink hue.  Those are the two items that I must have and I will buy them first, I have heard many good things about this formula of CC Cream for drier skin (as we all know that mine is!) and I will consider picking this up in a shade that is more tan for now and then another shade that is much lighter to use in the cool weather months (when my skin is at its worse).  I have high hopes for this formula and I hope to add another winner to my Clinique product line up. 

I think that I have used this bronzer in the past, I seem to remember getting a small size of it in a Gift with Purchase about two years ago and I do remember liking the formula.  I looked back on some previous entries and I did really like this formula and the shade that I had (Sunkissed).  This bronzer hue has a pink undertone in it and worked well to compliment my cooler skintone and blended well with the pink undertones in my skin.  This was one of the most flattering shades of bronzer that I have ever used and I might have to pick a compact of this product instead of continuing to search for a new formula...

I think that this might be one of my favorite collections for the summer, it is pretty and easy to pull off.  Any lady could use these products and create a simple look that will get her through a summer day.  I also really like that Clinique is creating looks that contain fewer products since it has been proven that most women wear less and less makeup as the weather gets warmer and warmer...

photo courtesy of Clinique

No comments: