Friday, May 10, 2013

Current Favorites!

This is one of the best beauty times of the year for me...the spring shades are all able to be worn easily and I get to start mixing in some of the summer products that I have been so excited to pick up.  I am going to start self tanning soon and my favorite sundresses are ready to come out of the closet, I just love the end of the spring semester and all the promise that it holds for the upcoming months.  I have picked up a few items for summer already and am beginning to dig through all the items that I bought for spring and am deciding what pieces will work as well in the warm weather months. 

I still have a bunch of current favorites from earlier in the spring, I have made a bunch of really good purchases over the past few months and have found some new products and shades that I will use for years.  I think that this has been one of the best seasons for finding great products and I believe that I have made that comment more than once over the past few months but it is just so true in this case!

So what are my favorites now?  More and more I find myself reaching for my bottle of Stella McCartney's L.I.L.Y. and the level of the bottle has been going down more rapidly than almost any other fragrance that I have used in a long time.  I still love one of my lipsticks from MAC that I have been using for almost two months now and I plan to keep using all the way into the summer months.  I also have a new favorite in a cream blush from Stila and a bright aqua polish from Butter London.  My beauty loves are being used at least two or three times a week for me right now and I do not see this trend ending any time soon.

My Favorite Five right now!

Stella McCartney L.I.L.Y - "Lily is like nature—vivid and sensual. The contact with nature awakes her sensations and emotions. “It makes me think of my mum. Her nickname from my Dad was Lily. From Linda I love you.” —Stella McCartney".  The notes are: "Black Truffles, Black Pepper, Lily of the Valley, Pink Pepper, White Musk, Oak Moss, Patchouli."  I bought a bottle of this fragrance during the first round of my shopping from the Sephora Friends and Family Sale and I have been using it all the time ever since I first opened it up.  I have received more compliments on this fragrance than most of my others (exception is the original Stella from the same designer).  People actually will stop their sentences to ask me what I am wearing that smells so amazing and it is quickly becoming a favorite warm weather fragrance of mine.  The Lily of the Valley note and the Bluebell note (not listed but I found it in another description in a magazine) create a light, pretty floral on me that I can wear in any circumstance and whether I am dressed up or down.  I have a feeling that I will run out of this perfume faster than normal and will need a new bottle by next spring.

MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Behave Yourself - "Combining the colour impact of a Lipstick with the shine sheen of a Lipglass, Sheen Supreme creates the perfect hybrid - with no compromise. Lightweight, non-sticky, slick to apply and comfortable to wear. This is a must-have for all those who have craved this kind of fusion."  Behave Yourself is a "light blue pink".  This lipstick formula is very hydrating and reminds me of a lip gloss in that respect yet the pigmentation is completely that of a full coverage lipstick.  My lips are always dry and I can easily wear this lipstick without worrying about dryness breaking through and having to always use a separate lip balm.  Behave Yourself is a perfect cool pink shade for me and compliments my cool-toned skin and I fully plan to use this shade all throughout the year.  Friends and co-workers always compliment me on this shade and I plan to get more shades from this formula for the fall and winter months.  I have a new favorite MAC Lipstick formula!

Butter London 3-Free Nail Lacquer in Slapper - "A heavily pigmented, high-fashion nail lacquer. Created backstage at fashion week for the world’s top fashion designers, butter LONDON’s lacquers are rich in color, giving your nails a look that is more vibrant.   Butter LONDON is a new-era design house, creating extraordinary moments in color by living on the inside edge of fashion. It is a “three-free” company, meaning products are free of formaldehyde, toluene, and DBP. For brilliant results, one should always use butter LONDON™ lacquers with the corresponding butter LONDON base and topcoats. When used together, the products last significantly longer than a typical manicure."  Slapper is a "truly teal" and is the best teal shade that I have ever seen.  I use this shade at least twice a week and have been using it in both manicures and pedicures for the past three weeks.  Butter London polishes are long lasting and I can go about four days with only minor tip wear, I reapply top coat every other day to keep them perfectly shiny but this is one of the lowest maintenance nail polish formulas that I have ever used.  I always want new colors from this company and this will continue to remain one of my absolute favorites!

Stila Convertible Color in Peony - "A lipstick that doubles as a blush. Stila's ingenious lipstick and blush-in-one proves irresistible. Non-greasy, this creamy, sheer tint adds an natural glow to the cheeks while lips bloom with fresh, radiant color. A mini mirrored-compact makes touch ups on the go a snap."  Peony is a "neutral rose cream" that I would imagine works with almost any skin color or undertone, this is truly a universal shade.  I use this formula mostly as blush, it works well to give me a natural flush that stays on through work, class, and then the gym yet too.  This formula spreads easily and is best when patted onto the apples of the cheeks and then blended with a clean finger, this is one of the few cream blush formulas that easily blends right into the skin.  I will use this formula in the summer since it has proven to not budge at all under pressure and I can use it in winter since it blends so easily and won't create an issue with my dry skin.  I want to try and purchase more shades from this product the next time that I go to Sephora.

Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask - "A deeply nourishing hair treatment to undo and prevent damage by up to 96%.  Strengthening your hair is the only way to lengthen it so you can do whatever you want with it. To really fortify fine, fragile, or chemically-treated hair requires major nourishment found in the Monoi Repairing Hair Mask. Added to the rejuvenating Monoi Oil – a repairing Tahitian blend of the Tiare Gardenia Flower and Coprah Coconut Oil – is rebuilding Bamboo Water and protective Hydrolyzed Silk.  This product is free of alcohol, petroleum, mineral oil, and artificial colors. For over 2,000 years, Tahitians have used Monoi Oil for its natural reparative properties that undo and prevent damage from the sun, sea and surf. Using ingredients that only grow in Tahiti, Monoi Oil is made by taking 15 freshly picked Tiare Gardenia Flower blossoms and combining them with 15 ounces of Coprah Coconut Oil over a 15 day sacred ritual, passed down only through an oral tradition."  This hydrating mask was another key purchase during the Sephora Friends and Family Sale and will lead to more purchases from Carol's Daughter.  This tropical floral-scented mask hydrates and smooths my hair and the results of the first usage lasted for an entire week.  My hair is much more manageable after use of this product and styles much easier than before I tried it out.  I am excited to see that Sephora carries an entire line of Monoi Hair products from Carol's Daughter and I will be ordering more very soon.  I am seeing this being a key product when my hair needs a bit of extra help after a summer of running outside and then into the cold weather months.

This Sephora Friends and Family Sale was great for me, four of these five products were from my first order and they all turned out to be true winners.  I am really excited that I have found some key additions to my product line up and have more colors to order in many of these products.  I look forward to adding more to my beauty product collection over the next few months while retaining all my current loves!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: