Monday, September 26, 2011

Bath and Body Works Color Changing Lip Glosses

We have already looked the Treacherous Treats and Potent Potions lip glosses from Bath and Body Works and I have liked some of the them but most of them have been a miss in some way or another for me.  But now we are onto the Color Changing part of the Halloween lip collection, my favorite part of this collection and the only part that resulted in a purchase from me.  Color Changing is the smallest part of the collection, consisting only of two lip gloss shades, one light pink and one deep pink.  The names of these glosses were actually the first thing that attracted me to the collection, Good Witch and Wicked Witch made me laugh and might be two of my favorite lip gloss names for the season.

The first of the two glosses is the Good Witch shade, the one that I didn't purchase from the collection.  "Are you a Good Witch or a Wicked Witch? Try one of our new color changing glosses and find out!  This clear gloss turns light pink on lips and works with your natural lip color to create the perfect shade of pink.  Magically turns a light pink on your lips based on your body chemistry!"  This shade turns a light blue pink on the lips and really wasn't a huge shade change.  This would be a nice gloss for the spring time since it is a light, sheer glossy pink.  I liked this shade but I found it to be a generic pink lip gloss and therefore one that I could skip over this time around.  I like the gloss but there is nothing unique or fantastic about this gloss.  This one reminds me of the O Gloss from Smashbox and I skipped that lip gloss for the same reason. It is a nice gloss but there is nothing to set it apart from all of the other pink lip glosses that are on the market.

The second of the two glosses is my favorite of the whole collection and the one that I have been wearing almost three or four times a week for the past few weeks.  "Are you a Good Witch or a Wicked Witch?  Try one of our new color changing glosses and find out!  This clear gloss turns a dark pink on lips and works with your natural lip color to create the perfect shade of pink.  Magically turns a dark pink on your lips based on your body chemistry!"  I love this shade, it turns a deep cool pink and is actually a shade that didn't own before in my collection.  The funny thing about this gloss is that I had been looking for a deep pink lipstick shade to go into the fall and was going to head to the MAC counter to find the shade.  I was so excited when I tried this gloss out in the store and it was exactly the shade that I had to been looking for.  This shade is very unique and is nothing like any other lip gloss that I have ever bought from Bath and Body Works, this is truely the best lip gloss of the bunch and my favorite from them for this whole season.

The Color Changing collection was my favorite of the group for this season, Wicked Witch was perfect for me and has been a staple of mine for the past three weeks.  That shade is one of the few that I will wearing this whole fall and I am actually considering buying a back up tube of it for when this one runs out, a rare occurence with the size and scope of my lip gloss collection. 

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: