Sunday, September 4, 2011

Lancome Fall 2011 Collection - 29 St. Honore Paris

French culture has always been a huge part of my life, you all know that I celebrate Bastille Day more than I celebrate the Fourth of July and always tend to prefer French companies over those from any other area of the world.  The Bath and Body Works release of Paris Amour sent my over the moon last month and now the fall color collection from Lancome just continues to send me orbiting through space.  This color collection is another in the series from Aaron De May, the revolutionary creative director of Lancome, and continues his reign of hit collections.  29 St. Honore Paris features red lips and graphic black eye liner, two of my current favorite looks.  I believe that we have another hit here and I am so happy that a collection is featuring red lipsticks for me to play with.

I am jumping out of my skin so without further ado...

Hyponse Drama - Get instant lash drama in a single coat with this ultra volume-boosting mascara that'll take lashes from so-so to show-stopping.  The full contact brush, with S-shaped curve, grasps and loads lashes for a fanned out, full body fringe.  Lancome's luxe Texturizing complex features highly saturated waxes and intense black pigments for maximum lash volume.  The triple coating system delivers a fluid and creamy application to quickly and easily build big, battable lashes that won't clump or flake.
- Gris Fatale - deep charcoal gray

L'Absolu Rouge - Wrap your lips in rich, satiny color with this deeply replenishing lipstick.  Infused with moisture-boosting Pro-Xylane, lips stay moist, soft, and comfortable for up to eight hours.  Antioxidant-rich Vitamin E and SPF 12 help keep lips safe from environmental aggressors, so they'll look and feel healthier day after day.  The stay true color won't feather, flake, or fade, so your pout will always look picture perfect.
- 100 Hold Up Red - bright blue red cream
- 104 Rouge Canaille - deep true red

Color Design - Infinitely luminous.  Sensationally smooth.  All-in-one 5 shadow palette to brighten eyes.  Lancome' new versatile, all-in-one palette conveniently creates a full eye look for day or night.  Experience the newest generation of luminosity as silky lustrous powders transparently wrap the skin, allowing a seamless layering of pure color for a silky sheen and radiant finish.  Build with absolute precision and apply the shades in 5 simple steps (all over, lid, crease, highlighter, and liner) to design your customized eye look.  Contour, sculpt, and lift in soft day colors or intensify with dramatic evening hues for smoldering smoky effects.  Longwear, 8 hour formula.  Color does not fade, continues to stay ture.
- 600 Gris Fatale - a smoky palette with shades of black, silver, and gray
- 103 Golden Frenzy - a warm palette with shades of soft gold, copper, and brown

Artliner - Emphasize your eyes with this easy-to-handle, liquid pen featuring a uniquely shaped foam tip that lets you line, shape, and define eyes to create any look you like.  Rich, deep, luminous pigments offer the most intense, dramatic color.  Glides on smoothly without scratching, tugging, or skipping and lasts all day.
- Slate - vibrant gray

Le Vernis - It's Lancome's most technically-advanced nail polish.  Your fingertips and toes will love the boost of color and lasting shine that stays put for up to seven days.  Its cutting edge, soft-sculpt brush embraces the shape of each nail for perfectly even coverage in one coat with no clumps.  Shiny and shock free.  Sheild Plasticizers keep nails flexible, shiny, and more resistant to shock and abrasion.  Chip-free for days!  Strong and healthy.  Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane (MSM) is a naturally occuring substance known for its diverse health benefits, including support for healthy nails.  It is know to boost the production of keratin, a tough protein from which finger and toe nails are made.  MSM paired with Shield Plasticizers make nails much stronger and more flexible.
- 023 Noir 29 - black with slight golden shimmer

Maison Lancome - Maison Lancome is an all-over powder blusher that gives a subtle shine.  An extremely soft satin texture.  A range of natural colors.  Long-lasting.  A mix of soft brown, rose, and light pink with a golden overspray.

Le French Touch Absolu - Limited edition.  Cult packaging inspired by Lancome's heritage lipsticks.  Ultra-caring lipstick with Pro-Xylane in an infinitely light texture.  Enriched with enchaning pigments to reveal the radiance of beautifully replenished lips.  Enhance your natural lip tone in a veil of shiny, transparent color.
- 314 Rouge St. Honore - soft red

I love this whole collection!  This one is up there with my favorites of the season and might just be my favorite of the whole season, I will decide on that in a few weeks time.  If I had to pick my favorite piece from this collection, the Maison Lancome is one of those blushes that is just so lovely in the compact that I don't know if I could use it.  The powders are actually formed into a Parisian scene with the Eiffel Tower being the central focus, the product itself is just a work of art.  As I stated in the introduction, I am so happy that I have found a collection with strong lip products in it, I want both the 314 Rouge St. Honore and the 104 Rouge Canaille shades of red.  Both of the Color Design palettes are very attractive but I think that I would be more inclined to purchase the one with the smoky shades since the I own all of the shades in the neutral one already (Urban Decay's Naked palette pretty much covers any shade that I would need in this area).

On a final note, I love the look that was created for the models of this collection!  I would totally wear this whole look and I could pull it off quite easily too.  This new collection from Lancome is a very serious contender for best collection of the fall season...

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: