Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tarte True Blood Palette - Vampy Vixen

Vampy Vixen is one the two looks that take this palette firmly into nighttime makeup territory, the other look is Vamp Glam.  Both of these looks remind me of Pam at Fangtasia and I reserved these looks for getting dressed up this fall and winter.  Vampy Vixen is a dramatic silver eye look that works well as a foiled eye look or a lighter version of the traditional smoky eye.  This look is an easier one for ladies who are unused to dramatic eye makeup to pull off, it only uses two shades and isn't difficult to blend. 

- Using a shadow brush, softly apply The True Death (sparkling silver) up to the crease of the lid for an iridescent wash of color.  Blend shadow into the crease.
- For intense definition, apply Tarte for True Blood EmphasEyes Aqua-Gel Eyeliner in Black on the upper lashline.
- To add depth to the outline of the eye, smudge Glamour (sparkling deep plum) lightly along the upper and lower lashline, blending upward and outward.

The True Death is a very pigmented shimmering silver, a very little bit of it create the foiled eye look.  This is my favorite shadow in the palette and might be the best silver that I have ever worked with.  The texture is that of butter and feels amazing going on and blends very easily.  This may be one of my top five favorite eye shadows of all time.  I used the NARS No. 15 Brush to apply the dark plum shadow over the line and to blend it right up to my lashes.  I am also considering trying this look and substituting MAC Black Tie or Tarte Moss, Nocturnal, or Immortal for the Glamour Me shade.  This is a very good eye makeup look and will get lots of mileage from me this fall and holiday.
photo courtesy of Tarte

No comments: