Saturday, September 3, 2011

Essie Fall 2011 Collection

A nail polish collection based on purses?!  I love it!  The fall collection for Essie contains six brand new nail polish shades for the season, ranging from pale neutrals to deep jewel tones.  This range mirrors my current nail polish purchases, since all fall and winter I go back and forth between pales and very deep hues (nothing in between!).  I can best sum this collection up with the quote from Essie's founder that is found on the website page for this collection.  "My carry on has a handle on style.", I just love handbags and purse shopping is up there with beauty product shopping for me.  I have been on a nail polish shopping spree the past few weeks and this collection will add a few more shades to my shopping list. 

We will start with the three neutral shades, one is more of a pale and the other two are medium toned shades.  Case Study is the first shade that is featured in the collection, it is "a rich camel beige".  This is a warm, medium toned beige with a cream finish.  This one is too warm for my skintone and I would like the shade on other people but this isn't a shade for me.  Glamour is the second of the medium toned neutral shades.  This one is deeper than the Case Study shade, it is "an alluring almond taupe" and is more neutral than Case Study.  This shade is more neutral but I still think that it will not be flattering to my skin.  The last of the more neutral shades is my favorite one.  Ladylike is the palest of the three and the most cool-toned.  It is "an elegant soft mauve" and will be a great addition to my collection of pale nail polishes.  This one is soft enough that I can wear it anywhere and with anything.  Of the three neutral shades, the only one that I really love it the Ladylike shade.

The last three shades are comprised of jewel tones.  Very Structured is the only medium tone in this group, the other two are much deeper in hue.  Very Structured is a "classic burnt sienna" and is my least favorite shade of the collection, it is too warm for me to wear and I just don't find it attractive at all.  It is a tan shade with a very warm orange hue to it, this hue is just not for me.  Power Clutch is one of the jewel shades that I see to be a top seller this fall, it is a "striking deep gray-green" that seems to appear more gray than forest green on my browser.  This will be another hue that is appropriate for any time of the day and will sell very well.  My favorite shade from this collection is the one that is featured in the promotional ads, Carry On.  This shade is a "deep romantic burgundy" that appears to have a slight shimmer in the picture.  This is another shade that I predict will be a best-seller and a stand-out for this collection.

My favorite shades are the cooler tones in the collection; Ladylike and Carry On.  I love both of these hues and they will fit perfectly into the look that I have been creating for this fall season.  It looks like my nail polish buying habit will not be ending anytime soo over the next few months...

photo courtesy of Essie

No comments: