Saturday, September 17, 2011

MAC Posh Paradise

Posh Paradise is newest release from MAC, there are a group of releases for this month and this will be the first of a series.  Posh Paradise is a line that consists only of three products; Paint Pots, Mattene Lipsticks, and Nail Lacquers.  This is one of the smaller collections that I have seen from MAC recently and is one of the few that consists of only new color products.  This is the type of collection that immediately pops into my head when I think of MAC, the shades are bright and pigmented and can be combined to create a dramatic fall makeup look.

"Nail Lacquers are lavishly lush, Mattene Lipsticks are light on the lips as lust and Pearlized Paint Pots blend smoothly over lids.  Indulge yourself with a plush and provocative collection of hypnotic hues!", states the MAC website in an overall description for the collection.  I am on the fence about Paint Pots, I like the one that I have but I don't know that I would purchase any more of the them and I have never tried the Matten Lipsticks since they are no offered in the permanent collection.  So I have high hopes for the nail polish shades but I don't know what else from this collection will end up on my shopping list.
Let's check the collection out because I want to see details about this new lipstick formula...

Paint Pot - A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish.  Long-wearing, colourfast.  Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking.  Blends smoothly over the lids.  Cream-based, can be mixed with MAC shadows and liners.
- Treasure Hunt - light pearled yellow
- Nubile - light pinky nude
- Idyllic - mid-tone copper bronze
- Pure Creation - midtone frosty blue
- Genuine Treasure - reflects antique gold
- Half-Wild - mid-tone purple
- Hyperviolet - deep violet
- Imaginary - blackened navy

Mattene Lipstick - With its streamlined design, this new slimline lipcolour, features the traditional glamour properties of a matte lipstick - intense colour and semi-matte velvety finish - while offering a creamier, softer, more glide-on application.  Non-caking, non-drying.  Moisturizing and incredibly wearable yet absolutely matte.
- Fresh Amour - light lavender
- Naked Bliss - neutral light pink
- Delectable - orange beige
- Rare Exotic - bright mid-tone blue pink
- Eden Red - bright blue red
- Deliciously Forbidden - mid-tone berry
- Legendary - brick mid-tone red
- Unknown Pleasures - deep red blue
- Potent Fig - deep blue grape
- Seeds of Desire - deep brown plum

Nail Lacquer - Revolutionary new high gloss formula.  Three long-wearing finishes - Cream, Sheer, and Frosted.  Visibly different.  Provides no-streak/no-chip finish.  Contains conditioners and UV protection.  Go hi-lacquer!
- Immortal Gold - pale gold
- Rain of Flowers - blackened violet with sophisticated violet shimmer

My favorite piece of the collection is the Nail Lacquer in Rain of Flowers, this is one of the most unique shades that I have seen recently and I don't believe that I own or have seen anything like it recently.  This shade will be perfect for fall and is one of the best that MAC has released in the past few years,  it is coming home with me the next time that I go to the counter!  From the new Paint Pot shades, I like the neutrals the most.  I haven't had the greatest of luck with Paint Pots so until I find a better way to work with these, I will be skipping out on any shade that is highly pigmented or looks hard to work with.  I only want two shades from this group, the Genuine Treasure and Idyllic shades.

The Mattene Lipstick is extremely interesting to me, I already love MAC's matte lipsticks and now I get to try more shades and a new formula out.  I love MAC's matte reds, so my first picks from this lipstick collection would be Eden Red and Legendary.  The last thing that I need is more MAC red lipsticks but I love every single shade that I buy so I always continue to purchase new shades as they come out.  Naked Bliss looks like a great My-Lips-But-Better shade and would be one that I would use all the time so this one also tops my shopping list.  Rare Exotic and Deliciously Forbidden are also on my shopping list since I have been wearing deep berry and pinks this fall too.

This collection is very classic MAC and I can see so many of these shades working well this fall.  This is a great collection and I am confident that it will sell out quickly at the counters.

photos courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: