Friday, September 16, 2011

Gen Art Fresh Faces in Fashion Show - Korres for Ann Yee

Now it is for the second of my two favorite makeup looks from the Gen Art Fresh Faces in Fashion Show.  The first look was better for a professional or more casual weekend day look however the second look is pure fun and the one that is my personal favorite of the group!  This look is named "Lush, Dewy, Naked Skin with Strong Pops of Color" and this look is best for the spring and summer seasons.  If you would want to take this into the fall season, it would require a bit of a less bright lip shade.  I laugh to think that I am already starting to think about a look for next summer but summer is my favorite season and I could live in an area where it is warm all year round.

Lush, Dewy, Naked Skin with Strong Pops of Color...

- Prepare skin with Korres Wild Rose Brightening Serum - for extreme dewiness, mix in Korres Wild Rose Mineral Illuminating Powder and stipple into skin with fingertips.
- Skip foundation; use Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiaging and Antiwrinkle Concealer to cover discoloration and blemishes as needed.
- Prime eyes with Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiaging Eye Primer.
- Apply Korres Eyeliner Pencil in Brown to provide a strong, defined brow.
- Apply Korres Eyeliner Pencil in Black on water line (lower and upper area) and smudge.
- Apply emerald green eyeliner to inner corner of eye and drag to outer corner - keeping as close to lower lid as possible and then smudge.
- Finish with Korres Provitamin B5 & Rice Bran Mascara in Black on upper lashes only.
- Prime lips to provide opaque canvas for color, then apply Korres Mango Butter Lipstick #45 (Coral) and top with Korres Lip Butter in Mango - blot with tissue to remove sheen and create a matte look.

Personally, the shades that are used in this look are too warm for my skintone but I would do the same type of look with golds or champagnes on the eyes and then a berry or deep pink on the lips.  Changing up some of the shades would make this look work any time of the year otherwise I would save this look for the summer months only.  I love these brights, I have been really obsessed with pinks and berrys lately and reworking this look fits perfectly into the looks that I have been doing lately.

photo courtesy of Korres 

No comments: