Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tarte True Blood Palette - Luminous Fairy

I have finished up trying all of the looks that accompanied the True Blood eye shadow and have come a few conclusions.  The first thing that I realized is that not all of the shades that are in the palette are used in the looks, the shades in the palette all work well together and I am will to bet that some of the deeper ones can be used to change around the more dramatic eye looks.  Second, the shimmer shades are much nicer than the matte shades.  The shimmer shades had a great texture, very buttery and easy to work with.  The matte textured shadows were the worst of the palette and among the worst shadows that I have ever worked with.  They were had to blend and I wasn't impressed with the color payoff.  Last note, the dramatic looks are better than the more neutral look but I have gotten tons of wear from the more neutral shades already.  

The first look that I worked with was Luminous Fairy, an eye makeup look that just screamed "Sookie Stackhouse" when I first looked at it.  This is a very easy look to work with and works well in many types of environments. 

- Apply Dawn (shimmering gold dust) all over lids as a base and blend softly into crease then blend Bayou (shimmering gold tan) into the natural crease.
- Tightly line the upper lashline from the inner to outer corner using Tarte for True Blood EmpasEyes Aqua-Gel Eyeliner in Black.  Keep the line as thin as possible as you move out. 
- Using a smudger brush, smudge Charmer (sparkling burnt copper) into the upper lashline.

This is the look that is a closest to many of the eye makeup looks that I do on a daily basis.  The neutrals and golds work very well for me and I get the most use out of these shades.  I do this look with the eye liner for a more dramatic look and skip it when I pair these shades against a strong lip.  This was a pretty easy look to do especially since the shades blend so well together that any small mistakes can be blended away.  I have also found that this look works well with any of the shades from Urban Decay Naked Palette and it is very easy to sub in bronzes and dark golds.

I tried each look twice and this is the only one that applied pretty much the same every time, anyone could pull this look off.  This one is tied for my favorite of the four makeup looks.

photo courtesy of Tarte

No comments: