Friday, September 30, 2011

Harajuku Lovers Super G

Is the Harajuku Lovers collection ever coming to an end?!  Super G is the newest fragrance release from this coming, G of the Sea was the summer release and there are rumors that a Christmas version of this fragrance is coming out within the coming weeks.  I was obsessed with the original G fragrance throughout the summer months but I feel that every single version of G since the original has been a let down and I always liked one of the scents for Gwen's back-up dancers instead.  However, we haven't been seeing any of the other fragrance personalities with the recent releases so now I either like the latest version of G or I skip over the line totally.  I only have a bit left in my original bottle of G and I am beginning to think that I may have to conserve it next summer.

I just began laughing when I saw Super G, I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it on the Sephora website.  I couldn't figure out what the point of this version was, all of the other versions have followed the trends of the season but this one seemed to be somewhat out of place.  I was wondering if this was a cool weather version of G, perhaps a fragrance with the coconut and some more deep vanilla or musk notes.  Maybe I shouldn't say "wondering", "hoping" might be more accurate since I have been unimpressed with the past few versions of these fragrances.  Perhaps this fragrance will be the one to make my not judge a fragrance by the bottle...

"Have no fear, Super G is here!  A true superhero, she stops crime against fashion without getting a hair out of place.  This fragrance's sparkling top notes of yellow pineapple and tangerine give the fragrance an energetic flair.  The opening complements a bright, happy heart composed with touches of yellow freesia and banana nectar.  A warm musk joins hints of vanilla and raspberry, rounding out the fragrance and lending a unique signature."

The fragrance notes are: Tangerine, Yellow Pineapple, Pear, Tart Cranberry, Banana Nectar, Yellow Freesia, Coconut, Peach, Musk, Transparent Cedar Wood, Vanilla, Raspberry.

I was willing to give this fragrance a fair shot even though the notes sound like a combination that I would hate.  The strongest notes when I first tried it out were the tangerine and pineapple and then the freesia and peach came out before the whole fragrance died in about two hours.  This is one of those fragrances that caused me to gag when I first smelled it and then got no better as it wore.  This was a super generic fruity floral and reminded me of the rest of the awful generic fruity florals on the market today.  Cheap scented room spray from Wal-Mart came to mind when I played with this fragrance, it made me wonder if this fragrance was created for kids considering that it smelled cheap and the bottles looks like it was designed by a cartoon designer.

Harajuku would have been better off just skipping this whole idea and holding out until the Christmas release of the holiday G version.  The past few versions of these fragrances make me begin to wonder if Harajuku is going under and trying to release new fragrance quickly to grab as many sales as possible.  I hope the Christmas version is better because this version is one of the worst fragrances that I have ever tried.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: