Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bath and Body Works Halloween Body Products

Yesterday we looked at the Philosophy Halloween collection and today we are looking at the same type of products from Bath and Body Works.  From Philosophy, the products were released in 3-in-1s but from Bath and Body Works, all the products are released only in lotions.  Wouldn't it be great if I could find some layering options between the two collections?!  This is the first year that Bath and Body Works has released Halloween-inspired body products and so they are only in the small lotions this years, not the full body product range.  I bought three of the lotions and tried all six on at the store and I would love if next year an entire body product was released.  We can wait and hope...

The lotions seem to be divided up into two collections, one group is in black packaging and the other is in clear packaging.  The black packaging group seemed to be stronger scented and the clear packaging scents are lighter.  I will divide the collection up the same way as I describe them in this post.

The Bath and Body Works website provides all the information we need about the lotion formula itself and all six of the fragrances.  "Our exclusive Signature Body Lotion, fortified with powerful ingredients like super conditioning Shea Butter, fast absorbing Jojoba Oil and protective Vitamin E, hydrates skin with moisture that lasts all day.  Our non-greasy formula absorbs quickly and completely to leave skin feeling incredibly soft, smooth, and nourished, making it the perfect daily moisturizer."  The newer formula in the lotion is much better in both hydration and texture than the old formula and I really prefer the way that it feels on my skin.

The first group that we will cover is the clear bottles with the lighter scents.  I bought one of the fragrances in this group and two in the black bottled group.  The scent that I bought from this group is the Sinful Vanilla.  "Our exclusive Sinful Vanilla is an indulgent blend of vanilla bean, whipped marshmellow, and vanilla cream."  This scent is a light sweet vanilla scent that reminds me more of a vanilla bean scent with a slightly musky bottom note.  The second scent is Spider Cider, a more fruity scent than the others.  "Our exclusive Spider Cider is an intoxicating blend of juicy red berries, mouthing watering lemon, black sugar." This one was really light and smelled mostly of the berry scent.  I was really hoping that this one would be more of a apple cider scent and I was really let down with both this scent and the Warm Harvet Apple in this regard.  The last of the lighter scents is the one that I was most confused by.  Scream-a-Colada is a coconut scent which just didn't really fit in with fall or the other scents.  "Our exclusive Scream-a-Colada is a tantalizing blend of creamy coconut, juicy pineapple, and a hint of rum."  This one reminded me so much of the Coconut Pineapple from the summer that I really liked but I skipped on this one since I bought several bottles of Coconut Pineapple over the summer.  I also skipped on the Spider Cider since it just wasn't what I expected.

The second group of fragrances are the ones in the black bottles.  My favorite of these is the Plum Potion of which I bought two bottles and I also bought the Black Candy Apple scent as a bit of an afterthought.  Wicked Spiced Pumpkin is the first scent in this group that I tried, I was wondering how close it would be to Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin.  "Our exclusive Wicked Spiced Pumpkin is an addictive blend of white pumpkin, fresh ginger, and whipped vanilla musk."  This one was very pumpkin scented, a scent that it not my cup of tea so this wouldn't be one that I would purchase.  Black Candy Apple is the scent that suprised me the most, I disliked it on cold sniff but it smelled really great when I tried it out.  "Our exclusive Black Candy Apple is a tempting blend of juicy apple, caramelized sugar, and irresistable vanilla."  In the container, I got a black licorice scent from it but the sugar and vanilla notes come out on the skin, I am so glad that I tried this one or I would have skipped over it completely.  The last scent is the Plum Potion, the one that I loved so much that I bought two bottles of it.  "Our exclusive Plum Potion is an enticing blend of sweet plum, blood orange, and black raspberry."  This one smells like Dark Kiss without the musk, it is very lovely blend of plum and vanilla.  It is really sweet and reminds some people of Pink Sugar blended with Dark Kiss.  This was my favorite of all the scents and the one that I hope comes back the most next year.

As I mentioned above, these scents are only available in the small-sized lotions and there are no matching shower gels.  I had to get a bit creative when I was layering these and I was able to come up with some greast combinations with shower gels that I currently owned.  For the Black Candy Apple, I layered it with the Red Delicious 3-in-1 from Philosophy.  For the vanilla and the plum scents, I layered them with the Dark Kiss shower gel, a favorite fragrance of mine for the past year.  I would love shower gels in these scents, perhaps even more than I would love lotions in these scents.  What I would really love is if Bath and Body Works came back with their Temptations line and did the 3-in-1s in these fragrances.  We shall see what next year brings...

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: