Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tarte True Blood Palette - Vamp Glam

Vamp Glam is the last of the four looks that were included with the Tarte True Blood palette and is the other look that is best for night.  Vamp Glam is my other favorite look in the palette but ti was originally the one that I disliked the most when I first looked through the look book.  This is the most dramatic of all the looks and is another Pam at Fangtasia look.  This is a look that I never thought that I could pull off but I ended up loving it once I got it on and blended to my satisfaction.

- Apply a soft wash of Telepath (sparkling warm rose) on the entire lid, blending upward and outward into the crease and outer corner.
- Apply Fairy (shimmering pink) on the inner corner of the eye and blend up and outward along the brow bone.
- Line the eyes with Tarte for True Blood EmphasEyes Aqua-Gel Eyeliner in Black.  For a more dramatic look, widen the line gradually in the center and extend the liner just beyond the lashline at the outer corner.
- Using a smudger brush, apply "V" (sparkling crimson) along the lower and upper lashline focusing on the innermost corner of the eye.

Even though these shades are very dramatic, the shades were very easy to work with.  They are all very pigmented and the pale pink in the inner corner is the key to keeping the look from being too dramatic to pull off.  I blended the pale pink all the way up to my brow bone and blended it out to lighten the rose shade up.  I have never really like crimson eye shadow but somehow this whole look worked for me and I ended up falling in love with it the first time, this is the only one of the looks that I didn't have to play around with at all.

To sum it all up, my favorite shades from the palette are The True Death and Dawn, my least favorite shades are Nocturnal and Werewolf.

photo courtesy of Tarte

No comments: