Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Philosophy Halloween 2011 Body Products

Maybe it is just me but I feel like it got cold really fast this year, usually I am longing for cooler weather and wearing flip flops until the end of September but I am already in sweatpants right now and am grabbing my trench coat when I leave the house in the morning.  Fall came up on fast and therefore I went from summer body products to fall body products within the blink of an eye.  And with the traditional fall body product scents come the Halloween scents that I look forward to every single year.  I never used to be a big Halloween fan until I started getting into beauty products and now I scoop up all the Halloween inspired beauty products that come out in the early fall. 

Every year, Philosophy releases some version of the same few Halloween inspired treat scents, Candy Corn and Caramel Apple scents come out every year from them since they are consist top-selling fragrances.  This year is no exception, the Halloween collection consists of full sized products, lip shines, and a set that combines the best of the products.  I have loved the Caramel Apple ever since I first smelled it and I look forward to it coming out every single year, I can't imagine a fall without this scent being released in some type of product.
The full sized products that have been released are 3-in-1s in the I Love Candy Corn and Caramel Apple scents.  First the I Love Candy Corn scent.  "An oh-so-sweet caramel candy corn shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath.  Back with a caramel twist, this oh-so-sweet caramel candy corn shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath is everything you love about candy corn with a rich, creamy layer of caramel.  Its moisturizing formula provides a rich, foaming lather to gently cleanse and condition, leaving skin and hair feeling soft."  I smelled this one in Sephora and it smells exactly like candy corn, a favorite Halloween treat of mine.  However, my favorite fall treat of all time are caramel apples.  "A delectable caramel apple shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath that cleanses and conditions skin and hair.  You won't be able to resist bath time when you dip into the delectable scent of caramel-coated apples.  Its moisturizing formula provides a rich, foaming lather to gently cleanse and condition, leaving skin and hair feeling soft.  The delicious blend of red delicious apple and creamy caramel makes this shower gel the perfect bath treat on a crisp fall day."  I love the Caramel Apple scent and I could use this one every single day so this would be my choice from the full size products.  The Candy Corn smells great but I just couldn't use it enough to justify the purchase of the huge 3-in-1 so unless I can find it in a smaller version in some type of set, I will just be purchasing the Caramel Apple.

While we are wondering what will be offered in the sets this year...  Two new sets are being released, one with body products and the other with lip shines.  The body product sets contains two 3-in-1s, "A set of scented shower gels, including the falvors of Crispy Marshmellow Bars and Caramel Apple.  No tricks, just treats.  This seasonal set features two shower gels, each a shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath.  The spirited, irresistibly sweet scents include Crispy Marshmellow Bars and Caramel Apple.  Each moisturizing formula provides a rich, foaming lather to gently cleanse and condition, leaving skin and hair feeling soft."  I wish the Candy Corn scent was being offered in the set since I won't buy it in the full size, it looks like I will be completely skipping over it this time around.  However, this bring set raises the question of whether or not I want to purchase the full size in the Caramel Apple or buy the set and get both of the fragrances at the same time. 
The second of the sets that came out this year is the lip shine set.  The Trick or Treat Lip Shine Duo contains two lip shines in the exact same fragrances as the body product set.  "A set of two high-gloss, high-flavor lip shines.  There's nothing spooky about these delicious lip treats.  Philosophy's Treat or Trick calls to mind the scent of Crispy Marshmellow Bars and the delectable scent of caramel-coated apples.  Both are made with emollient formulas that hydrate soothe and soften lips to leave a sheer, beautiful shine."  The Crispy Marshmellow Bars Lip Shine is a champagne shimmer and the Caramel Apple Lip Shine a sheer dark cherry shade.  I love the Caramel Apple shade but the Crispy Marshmellow Bars is nothing special, I would rather purchase the Caramel Apple by itself.

The last part of the collection is the single Lip Shines.  We just talked about the Caramel Apple shade in the set so I will not be labor that point here.  "A high gloss, high flavor lip shine.  Sweeten lips with a flavorful fall fusion.  Philosophy's Caramel Apple is a lip shine infused with the scents of red delicious apple and creamy caramel.  It's lip-loving formula features natural emollients and Vitamin E to help hydrate, soothe, and soften lips.  It leaves a sheer, lustrous finish and a sweet caramel apple flavor that stays delicious on lips."  The Lip Shine is also found in the I Love Candy Corn scent.  "A high gloss, high flavor lip shine.  It's everything you love about candy corn, combined with Philosophy's lip-loving gloss formula, for deliciously soft lips.  This product's naturally emollient ingredients and Vitamin E help hydrate, soothe, and soften lips.  It leaves a sheer, lustrous finish and sweet candy corn flavor that stays delicious on lips.  It's the perfect lip treat for fall."  I can skip the Candy Corn flavor too since there is nothing special about the color.

The Caramel Apple products are really going to be the big hit for me this fall, I love both the body and the lip products in it.  I still haven't decided if I will purchase the full size in the 3-in-1 or go for the set, it will depend a lot on what it left when I go up to Sephora this week.  I just love the Philosophy Halloween scents!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: