Monday, September 26, 2011

Bath and Body Works Potent Potions Lip Glosses

Treacherous Treats was quite a let down so we will just move right onto the new part of the Halloween lip gloss collection from Bath and Body Works.  Potent Potions is the next part of this collection and look as though they will be a bit more pigmented and are based on vampires and witches.  I can so get behind this collection much more than the candy-inspired glosses.  This collection consists of four gloss shades, some of which will hopefully be much better than the previous group.

The first gloss from Potent Potions is my favorite of the shades, Vampire Vixen.  This is another gloss that was very hard for me to pass by and would be another product that I would grab if I need to add it to a purchase.  "The perfect accessory for your Halloween costume!  Packed with high shine and flavor, this gloss has everything you need for a bewitching good time!"  This gloss is a strong black cherry scent, which was my only major reservation on it.  Lately I just have not been that into super-strong smelling glosses since I can't really use then in a more conservative atmosphere.  This shade is one of the most attractive of the group, a sheer merlot.  The gloss is rather pigmented and the combination of pigment, shine, and fragrance takes this shade firmly into night territory.  However, I mostly wear lipstick at night and lip gloss during the day so this one won't get used as much I would like to so I did pass it by in the first round.

Potent Pucker is the second of the shades in this collection.  This gloss is my least favorite of the group since it has a grape scent and I hate the scent of grape so I couldn't bear to really use this gloss.  Which is a shame since this is one of the nicer shades, it is a medium pink mauve and would be quite flattering for my skintone.  "The perfect accessory for your Halloween costume.  Packed with high shine and flavor, this gloss has everything you need for a bewitching good time!"  The scent is that awful grape candy scent that I just hate.  It isn't all that strong but I can't stand this scent in any form so I have to skip over, if the scent doesn't bother you the way it annoys me, then I recommend giving this shade a shot since it is quite attractive.

The third gloss is another fruit scent that I don't really like but is a great gloss shade.  This one is named Wicked Kiss, a great name (overall these names are so much better than the Treacherous Treats collections) and a great shade.  "The perfect accessory for your Halloween costume.  Packed with high shine and flavor, this gloss has everything you need for a bewitching good time!"  The strawberry shade is candy-ish and therefore is my least aspect of this gloss.  This is scent that I could at least live with if the shade was really unique.  The shade is a dusty rose, which is quite attractive but it is very close to the Chai Carumba shade that I bought earlier in the summer from Bath and Body Works and I don't need another gloss in this shade when I have only used the other one two or three times.  My issue isn't with the product itself, it is just that the product isn't unique enough to warrant an addition to my already huge lip gloss collection.

Bitten & Smitten is the laast of the glosses in this group, I love the vampire references since I have been really into True Blood recently.  This is my favorite of the flavors but not of the shades, nothing is just working for me with this grouping of glosses.  The flavor it great and the shade is off or vice versa.  "The perfect accessory for your Halloween costume.  Packed with high shine and flavor, this gloss has everything you need for a bewitching good time!"  This scent is a tart apple that reminds me a apple martin and I love that this gloss has a more tart scent instead of the traditional candy sweet flavors.  The shade is a shimmery baby pink but really just appears as a clear shimmer when applied to the lips.  If this one would have just had more pigmentation then this would have been a sure fire winner for me.  But I have other glosses that look like this one and so I skipped over it.

This part of the collection is much better than the first part.  This one actually looks as though adults could use it but the scents and shades are more of those that I would use as nighttime shades.  This is the group of glosses that I really wish would have been in a set, I like each of them (minus the grape) but none of them are unique enough to warrant the purchase of the full sized gloss.  But I would be all over them in smaller sizes. 

Next up...the Color Changing collection...

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: