Friday, September 23, 2011

MAC Styledriven

Styledriven is the latest collection release in MAC's pile of September releases.  With all the new collections that are being released in the next few weeks, I fully expect that my local MAC counter will be full of products for me to buy the next time that I head over there.  Styledriven is a huge collection from MAC and consists only of products that fall into the "long-wear" category.  I love to see that there is full range of both lipstick and lip gloss shades to buy and a whole new version of their beloved eye shadow, I am really looking forward to seeing this collection in purchase and using some of the shades in it to fill in the few holes in my makeup collection.  

Here is the overall collection descrption from the MAC website.  "Long-lasting Lip Pencil and Lipglass with six extended hours of lasting shine, along with a creamy new Eye Shadow...experience future forward Pro Longwear technology!"  So is this new eye shadow a powder or a cream?  If it is a powder then I am very interested in it, I can't tell completely from the picture on the website but the shade swatches of it look like they are powder (but don't hold me 100% to this!).  I am most excited for the long-wearing Lipglass since I feel like some of the Lipglasses wear off much too quickly.

Here is Styledriven!

Pro Longwear Eye Shadow - A unique long-wearing Eye Shadow with a silky, creamy texture formulated for maximum colour impact.  Easily blendable and buildable; lids are visibly smooth no matter how intense the application.  Lasts 8 hours.
- Carefree - pale white gold
- Pink Frontier - soft golden pink
- One To Watch - light warm brown
- Sweet Satisfaction - soft neutral beige
- Lie Low - dark frosted golden brown
- Weathered - dark blue gray
- Keep Your Cool - dark gray brown
- Styledriven - pale white blue
- Sunny Outlook - bright golden yellow
- Tease With Eas - bright fuchsia
- Fresh Flare - bright kelly green
- Plush - vivid purple
- Hot Paprika - mid-tone burnt red
- Thru the Night - deep navy
- Make Your Mark - deep chocolate
- Legendary Black - warm almost black

Pro Longwear Lip Creme - Lightweight texture, creamy finish, and comfortable longwear combine in this has-it-all pro-class lip colour.  Slick in use, applies without need of a top coat - and still lasts up to 12 hours.  Won't feather or transfer, and the colour stays true.  Helps lips stay soft and hydrated.
- Soft Sell - light yellow pink
- Dress It Up - light blue pink
- Til Tommorrow - grayed mauvy brown
- So Very Good - mid-tone plum with pearl
- To The Future! - dirty neutral pink with pearl
- Good To Go - loudmouth orange
- Love Forever! - bright blue pink
- Extended Play - blackened brick red
- Prolong - true red
- Positively Dashing - mid-tone "berry" blue red
- Endless Drama - deep "berry" blue red
- Soulfully Rich - deep dirty purple with red pearl

Pro Longwear Lipglass - A longwearing Lipglass that goes on smooth and lasts for up to six hours!  Envelops lips with shine and colour and pro-longs the hours between re-application.
- Patience, Please - light pink blue
- Ready Or Not! - neutral light coral with slight pearl
- Infinitely Lickable - light pink
- Show Me! - mid tone neutral plum
- Whoops! - bright coral
- Full Speed Ahead - bright pink magenta
- Driven By Love - red blue with a slight pearl
- Lasting Achievement - mid tone purple with slight pearl
- Dark As Night - deep dirty purple with slight pearl

Pro Longwear Lip Pencil - A new generation of long-wearing lip pencil technology.  Glides on fluildy and adheres instantly.  Defines the lips with an instant release of rich, saturated colour.  Pro-longs the hours between reapplication.  Transfer-proof.
- Etcetera - cream beige
- Nice 'n' Spicy - pink cinnamon stick
- Staunchly Stylish - pinky beige
- Morning Coffee - dirty rose
- Absolutely It - soft burgundy
- In Anticipation - soft yellow pink
- What a Blast! - bright orange
- Kiss Me Quick - yellow red
- More To Love - intense bluish pink
- Bittersweet - intense brown

239 Eye Shader Brush - Soft and dense to shade or blend eye shadow or emollient-based products.  This brush has a tapered, rounded edge with smooth, firm, fine fibres.  It can be used to build intense colour on the eyelid.  MAC professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials.  They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.

I looked these eye shadows up on the Temptalia blog and I am leaning toward them being a very soft powder texture instead of a traditional cream.  They are bigger in size than traditional MAC eye shadows so I am really looking forward to buying some of these.  My favorite shades are: Carefree, Keep Your Cool, Sweet Satisfaction, and Make Your Mark.  All of these shades are neutrals and I will use them with lots of other shades that I already own.  I am confident in buying this larger size in the neutral shades because I know that I would use them all the time. 

The lip products also really have me excited.  I would skip over all the lip pencils, since I have never used them and don't plan to start any time soon.  Lipglasses that will wear all day get me really excited, I can't wait to have lip glosses that last more than two hours!  Infinitely Lickable is the light-medium pink shade and is my favorite of the group.  I would wear this one against dramatic eye makeup and I love that it could last all night and I wouldn't be reapplying after every drink.  I could skip out on the other shades but that one is a keeper for me.  Onto the lipsticks...   My first picks are the red shades, I love both Prolong and Extended Play.  Til Tommorrow is a great cool pink mauve shade that will look great for a natural look at work or against a strong eye look, this one would be a staple for me this fall and winter.  Dress It Up is a great light blue pink and reminds me of the original Viva Glam Gaga, I love this shade and I can't wait to pair it with cat eyes or black eye makeup shades.  Lastly, Pro Drama is a great deep cool berry shade and it would great with my cool pale skin, this is another winner for the fall and winter shades.

The eye shadow shades are nice and I am very excited to try the new formula however the lipsticks are what get me the most excited about this collection.  The new shades in the Pro Longwear formulation are a wide range of shades and I have found a bunch that I know will work out for me.

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: