Saturday, December 1, 2012

Buxom Time to Shine Lip Gloss Set

It is the first day of December and now crunch time is beginning to come upon us for gift shopping.  I am bascially done shopping for any holiday makeup shades for myself and now I will really begin ordering all of my friends their gifts and palettes from the Sephora website.  I love giving lip gloss sets to my friends and now I have found another great option from the Sephora website.  I have been using my Buxom Lip Shine in Betty ever since the beginning of November and I have been loving the sheer red hue and the shine that it delivers.  I can honestly say that it has quickly become one of my favorite lip shades of the holiday season and I will wear it for the rest of the winter months.  I now see that Sephora has a little gift set of these top selling lip glosses and I am already deciding which one of my friends would love these lip glosses as much as I do!

The Time to Shine set contains six little lip glosses in the best selling Buxom Lip Gloss formula, I fell in love with this formula the very first time that I tried it and love adding new shades of it to my lip gloss collection.  Not that my lip gloss collection really needs to get any larger at this point and I swore to myself that I would only buy gifts from the Sephora website but I really, really want this set and I know that I will really use the shades throughout the whole year...

This set is exclusive to Sephora and the website contains full description of the set and the shades contained in it.  "A six-piece Buxom® Big & Healthy™ Mini Lip Collection.  This luscious lip collection has multiple finishes and shades to keep you center stage–shimmering and sparkling Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polishes and creamy, glass-smooth Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Creams. Lacquer and layer them up to create your perfect pout. With the refreshing tingling sensation plus vitamins A and E, lips are soft, smooth, and ready for the spotlight."

Big and Healthy Lip Cream - A creamy, pout-perfecting gloss for voluptuous lips.  Tingle, plump, and shine your smile to super-sexy proportions. No shimmer, no glimmer—this creamy lip gloss delivers velvety-smooth color with intoxicating shine. The hyaluronic filling spheres infuse lips with moisture for creamy soft perfection and the look of a full, extra-kissable pout. Vitamins A and E help keep the skin supple, yet protected, and the fun tingling sensation reminds you the gloss is hard at work.

Big and Healthy Lip Polish - A pout-perfecting, sheer coverage, shimmering lip gloss.  This bestselling, lip polish instantly creates the look of fuller, more voluptuous lips with luminous shine. Vitamins A and E help keep lips soft, smooth, and protected while the tingling sensation reminds you that it's working.

This gift set contains the following shades:

- Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Cream in White Russian (nude pink), Berry Blast (vivid fuchsia)
- Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish in Sugar (original/ rose beige), Katie (original/ pale pink), April (diamond/glimmering icy pink), Gina (diamond/ glimmering hot pink)
I have only used one of the two formulas in this line, I have not yet tried any of the shades from the Lip Cream formula.  I believe that this is a newer formula and there are very few shades currently in it (especially compared to the multitude of shades in the original formula).  White Russian looks like a great shade for me, I will use this nude pink all year round and it will work with any makeup look that I can come up with.  I will buy this shade in the full size if I decide not to purchase the whole set for myself.  I do like the Berry Blast shade too and this shade will fit in well with some of the spring makeup trends that were in the Allure December issue (Spring Trend Report on the way this month!) and I now want this shade...

I don't own any of the shades in the original formula from this set and now I want all of them too!  What was I thinking when I clicked on this set and thought that I would only give it as a gift?!  I would wear all of the shades from the original formula in set, especially the Sugar (rose beige) shade, this will be another neutral for me that I can pair with anything.

Shopping for gifts for myself is not the way that I should be starting December but I REALLY want this set...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: