Sunday, December 2, 2012

China Glaze Cirque de Soleil Nail Polish Collection

China Glaze has partnered with a film company to create a collection to celebrate the new release of the Cirque de Soleil movie (opening this months).  I don't need to add any more nail polish shades until I visit Bed Bath and Beyond and find a new way to store all of my nail polishes however I can never ignore a new collection from China Glaze.  At this point, I use more China Glaze polishes than any other brand and I bet that I own more polishes from this company than all other brands combined.  It is at the point that every single time that I visit Sally Beauty Supply or Ulta, I walk out with an entire bag full of polishes from this line.  Cirque de Soleil is yet another opportunity for me to add more polishes for this line to my already huge polish collection.

Cirque de Soleil contains a collection of shades that are all over the place on the shade range.  Some of the shades will be good for the holiday season and the rest will be held until the beginning of the spring months.  Most of the shades would be ones that I would put aside until the beginning of spring but I know that they will sell out well before the end of the holiday season so if I fall in love with anything, I know that I must order it now.  Many of these shade have a strong glitter or shimmer finish and will not be office appropriate but a few of the shades are more subtle cream hues.  I am on the fence with glitter polishes, I like all of the glitters that I own but I am starting to get burned out with seeing them in every single collection and in every single shade...

Here is the China Glaze and Cirque de Soleil Collection!

Nail Lacquer - China Glaze is a professional-level nail enamel made with a special balance of polymers and resins that combine to create a nail lacquer that is long lasting, chip-resistant and resistant to color and shine fading. Will not thicken in the bottle, no thinners necessary.

- It's a Trap-eze - white cream base with blue, green, white, orange, silver, pink, yellow, and purple large glitter pieces.
- Whirled Away - clear base with black bar pieces of glitter, black dot glitter, and large white dot glitter
- Escaping Reality - bright medium pink cream
- Surreal Appeal - bright warm coral/pink cream
- Def Defying - bright lime green cream
- Running in Circles - bright kelly green shimmer with green glitter
- Haning in the Balance - medium periwinkle blue cream
- Water Are You Waiting For? - medium blue base with all shades of blue glitter
- Creative Fantasy - rich deep purple cream
- Bend Over Backwards - bright red cream base with red glitter
- Igniting Love - bright orange red cream
- Get Carried Away - black base with black and orange glitter pieces

Bend Over Backwards is bascially Ruby Pumps with a new name, enough already!  I am am really a fan of any of the glitter shades in this collection, most fvo them contain huge pieces of glitter and are very glitter heavy.  Ladies who love glitter will love this collection but many of the shades are just too out there for me to pull off on a daily basis.  I must say that all of the glitter shades are very unique and I have never seen shades like these before so I must give China Glaze points for being original.  Water Are You Waiting For? is the only glitter that I must have in this collection, I love all the hues of blue glitter in the formula and I will use this shade all year long.

Escaping Reality is a great bright pink cream and I will buy this shade to put aside for the spring, I loved bright pinks all last year and I bet that I will love them again this spring season.  I don't really like any of the other creams, the corals and reds are much too warm for me to pull off.  Def Defying is much too bright for me and I have never liked bright greens before and I don't plan to start anytime soon.

This is not my favorite collection from China Glaze, usually I like at least four or five shades from a collection.  A collection from this company that I only like two shades from could be considered a failure for me however I do really love these two shades.  I can't add any more shades to my collection anyway at the moment so I am not that heart broken that I won't have a huge haul from this shade collection.

photo courtesy of China Glaze's Facebook page

No comments: