Saturday, December 8, 2012

NARS Makeup Your Mind Set: Express Yourself Through Eyes

So I have now finished up with the holiday makeup collections, many of the companies that traditionally carry new makeup items for every single season didn't really do much of a holiday collection this year so I actually finished up much earlier than I thought that I would!  Which isn't really a bad thing, at this point in this season I already have any makeup that I would buy to dress up and go out and am just gift shopping for others at this point.  Now that the holiday collections are done and the spring collections are not yet out (but will be coming out very soon!), we are going to back to looking at new products for all features.  I have been collecting skincare items like crazy over the past month so a bunch of skincare posts are on the way and I am craving some new color items that will take me into next year!

I was gift shopping the other day on the Sephora website and I came across two new NARS sets.  We all know that I can never resist anything new from this company and I have purchased more items from this beauty company this year so far than from any other.  These two new sets are not gift items, they are sets that are made to create either a strong eye or cheek look.  Today we are going to look at the Makeup Your Mind Set: Express Yourself Through Eyes.  This set contain four products that are perfect to create a strong smoky eye look.  Very few companies can do a strong eye look better than NARS and their Night Series of eye shadows are the first ones that I bought when I finally began to start wearing this look.  And I have purchased many more shades since then...

This set contains four items that are needed to create a great smoky eye: primer, several shades of eye shadow, mascara, and then a makeup remover for getting all of it off.  The primer contained in this set is one of the best eye primers that I have ever used and even if you aren't a fan of this set, i would recommend buying the primer by itself.

This set is exclusive to Sephora at the moment and is only on the website for now (I bet it will hit the stores very soon).  "A four-product set of eye essentials.  Ensure all eyes are on you. Released in conjunction with François Nars' must-have beauty manual, "Makeup Your Mind: Express Yourself," this set features all the essentials for a subtle, smoked, or shimmering eye effect."

The products contained in this set are as follows:

Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base - A lightweight primer that creates a seamless canvas that keeps cream and powder eye color looking brilliant, fresh, and just-applied all day.  This smudge-proof eye shadow base uses a unique polymer and mineral powder blend to get a firm grip on color for long-lasting, gorgeous wear. Fortified with a special deep-sea extract and an antioxidant rice extract, it dries on contact and keeps the delicate eye lid smooth and ready for eye shadow application.  This fragrance-free product is ophthalmologist and dermatologist tested.

Single Eye Shadow - Single-color eye shadows in an array of colors and textures.  Mix and match NARS Single Eye Shadows to create great-looking personal combinations for the eyes. Textures range from translucent highlights and subtle mattes to shimmering glitters.
- Abyssinia - delicate pearl sheen
- Fuji - deep rose with shimmer
- Strada - amethyst infused with gold
- Galapagos - rich bronze with gold flecks
- Silk Road II - deep matte olive
- Brumes II - deep matte charcoal

Eye Makeup Remover - A high-performance, extremely mild makeup remover that removes all types of makeup, including waterproof.  This formula removes of all types of makeup, including waterproof formulas. The non-greasy solution glides across skin leaving a silky feel without any residue. Natural ingredients calm irritation. Enriched with aloe and cucumber, it soothes the delicate skin around the eyes.  This formula contains hyaluronic acid known for comforting and hydrating the skin. It’s gentle enough for contact-lens wearers, is non-comedogenic, dermatologist-tested, ophthalmologist-tested, and suitable for sensitive eyes.

Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara - A volumizing mascara.  This lush, vitamin-enriched mascara boosts volume and curl with every stroke. The signature "honeycomb" fibers of the brush are designed for maximum product pickup and smooth, even distribution that coats every lash without smudging or flaking. The rich, deep pigment magnifies the effect, creating a thick fringe that's high definition, high drama, and bigger than ever.
- Black - deep black

I must have this set!  I really wish that this set would have came out a bit earlier in the year, I would have been all over this set for the fall months since that is the time of the year that I normally start wearing smoky eyes more often.  Even so, I know that I will use these shades and products all throughout the year.  I think that my favorite aspect of this set is the thought that went into choosing the eye makeup shades.  So many palettes are really ruined for me when a navy or blue is thrown in or the company decides to try and mix a bright hue in with the smoky shades.  A bold hue can look great with smoky eye shades however this is a much harder to look to pull off and is only recommended for someone who is already skilled at creating smoky eyes.  The shades in this set are very well chosen and will work well for any eye color or level of skill with eye makeup.  Galapagos is the only shade from this set that I already own and it is a fantastic bronze shade and the gold flecks really stand out.  This is truly a great choice of eye makeup shades to create all kinds of smoky eye looks.

What else stands out for me?  I have already stated how much I love the eye primer in this line, it kept my makeup in place all day long and has never failed me once.  This is the only eye primer that I consider to be on par with the Urban Decay Primer Potion.  I want to try both the Eye Makeup Remover and the Mascara that is in this set, this is one of those rare sets where I actually really want every single item contained in it! 

We will look at the cheek set in the next few days but I really recommend that you guys check out everything eye makeup-wise that NARS has to offer.  This company hasn't disappointed me yet!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: