Monday, December 10, 2012

Julep Shades of Gray Nail Polish Set

I am one of the only people I know that has not read The Fifty Shades of Gray, I bought all three books during the height of the craze but between work and school, I ended up never even opening them up.  It is finals week right now but that also means that I will have about a month to catch up on reading after this week is over.  I have about ten books that I have picked up or wanted to read over the past few months so I am much looking forward to the end of finals so that I can spend a few evenings not reading about Microeconomics...

I came across this nail polish set from Julep earlier today on the Sephora website, I should stop visiting the Sephora website every single day.  I keep finding more products that I want to buy and I have no room for anything right now.  I think that 2013 will be my year to try and go through all of my beauty products and begin to sort out what I will and will not use and make room for new items.  That will be a huge task for the winter but the results will be so worth it when I can order and try new products without trying to figure out how I am going to store everything!

I have never used anything from Julep before, this is one of the lesser known brands that Sephora carries and I have only seen a small display of it on their Nail Bar.  I know that every polish carried in this line is named after females and that the company is very active with women's charities.  What first catches my eyes with this collection is that the bottles are tall and thin and would present a bit of a change from the traditional style of bottle.  I do fear that I would easily tip a bottle of this shape over so I will have to be extra careful when using polishes from this company!

"Three of Julep’s most popular shades of gray nail color inspired by the popular book series.  Developed and tested in Julep’s nail parlors, these fast-drying professional “4-free” formulations are free of DBP, toluene, formaldehyde, and formaldehyde resin.  Through Julep’s “Powered by Girlfriends” program, Julep donates a percentage of proceeds of every bottle of Julep nail color sold to organizations that empower women."

Three colors contained in the set are:

- Harley - medium gray with slight silver shimmer
- Kim - deep charcoal with silver shimmer
- Dendrie - light concrete gray cream

Whether or not I actually end up liking the books when I finally get around to reading them on winter break, I will want to order this polish set from Sephora.  I will use the Harley and Kim shades right now, I love grays and silvers and I am excited that I have another series of shades to add to my polish collection.  I will use Dendrie in the spring months, it will be a great neutral shade in the warmer weather.  In addition to using grays and silvers in my normal manicures, I often use these shades against all of the other hues in my polish collection in accent manicures, I have been using Illamasqua's DWS in this role since the beginning of fall and I would love to have more shades to use in the accent manicures.  Looks like I will be learning some more about this brand very soon...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: