Monday, December 24, 2012

MAC Studio

It is Christmas Eve and that pretty much means that we are coming to the end of the holiday season.  But while everyone else seems to be slowing down as the holidays are arriving, MAC has been speeding up and four new collections have been released on the website today and should be in the stores/at the counters by the day after Christmas.  Boy I hope that I will be getting some MAC giftcards under the tree tomorrow...  Four new collections releasing on one daymight even be a record for MAC, two of the collections are full color collections and the other two are slightly more targeted to specific areas of the face.  I am most excited for the Strength collection, I loved the first photos that I saw of the model and of the products in the collection and that will be the collecti
on in which I know that I will spend the most money!

We are going to start with the Studio collection, a collection that I don't need anything from right now but will investigate later on as I begin to run low on my foundation and loose powder.  I have really liked every single face product that I have used from MAC and it is one of the few companies that offers a shade pale enough to match my skin! 

"Developed with the professional in mind, a new collection that delivers the highest level of studio-quality performance, exceptional colour and coverage. Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation's one-step application gives skin a smooth, flawless, full-coverage finish in 7 new shades. Studio Fix Fluid Foundation, in an enhanced spectrum of shades, combines a natural matte finish and medium-buildable coverage to deliver healthier, fresher looking skin."  I will be looking closely at both of the powder and the foundation very soon.

Here are the new offerings in the Studio line...

Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation - A one-step application of foundation and powder. Gives skin a smooth, flawless, all-matte, full-coverage finish. Long-wearing: lasts for up to eight hours. A real all-in-one. The choice of pros, and a long time favourite of M∙A∙C fans.  Available in seven shades to suit all skintones.

Studio Fix Fluid SPF Foundation - A modern foundation that combines a natural matte finish and medium-buildable coverage with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15. Comfortable and long-wearing: lasts for up to eight hours. Applies smoothly, builds coverage quickly and easily. Contains specially treated micronized pigments and soft-focus powders for a super-smooth look that helps minimize the appearance of imperfections. Absorbs and disperses oil. Contains special skin-conditioning ingredients. Oil free.  New packaging is being phased in for this product. Your shipped product might look slightly different than the one shown on this site.  Available in five shades to suit all skintones.

193 Angled Foundation Brush - A Pro-quality foundation brush created to achieve a silky, flawless finish. Ideal for any M·A·C foundation, including new Matchmaster SPF 15 & classics like Studio Fix & Studio Tech. Use to apply, distribute and blend foundation into all areas of the face.

116 Blush Brush - Tapered for shading and highlighting cheeks and face with blush. The bristles on this brush are soft and form a full, rounded shape. M·A·C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.

I didn't realize that this powder was actually a foundation too, I would still like to try it out even though I rarely use powder foundations.  My skin is too dry in the winter for this type of product so I am thinking that this product would be best for me in April and May, my skin won't be so dry but I won't have gone over to self-tanner and bronzer yet.  I will start looking at the liquid foundation a bit earlier, I still don't need a new bottle but I should start getting ready for when my current bottle of NARS dies and this formula sounds fabulous so I will head to the counter and try this formula on my skin.

So these are the new additions to the Studio collection, next we are going to looked at the Pressed Pigments collections and then save the color collections for after.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: