Monday, December 31, 2012

Too Faced Spring 2013 Collection - Boudoir Beauty

It is the last day of 2012 and I am looking forward so much to 2013, my New Year's resolutions are already written down and I am excited for my new classes this semester and of course I am excited for all the new beauty products and collections that will be coming at us this spring season.  For the last day of 2012, we are just going to start looking forward to 2013 instead of looking back.  Too Faced is one of the few companies that has their new spring collection up on the website and Boudoir Beauty is a collection of products that is calling my name right now!

Boudoir Beauty contains a mixture of palettes and single products.  I love when companies don't release entire collections full of just palettes and sets, I almost always dislike a product or shade so much in a palette that I have doubts about the purchase.  Too Faced are usually better than many other companies so I am doubly excited for these, I have never gotten a bad palette for Too Faced and I have several at this point in time.  When looking at this collection, I also see that Too Faced revamped their original Lip Injection formula.  This was one of the few plumpers that really worked, it produces the biggest, most swollen lips out of any lip plumper that I have ever tried.  Now for me, this product actually hurt and irritated my lips, they turned bright red and stung for the next few hours.  This actually was one of the lip plumpers that I could not use at all because the side effects of it were so bad for me, I wonder if they have managed to revamp the formula to make it as effective at plumping which not being quite so harsh.  Or they have made it even stronger...  We shall see!

Here is the Boudoir Beauty Collection from Too Faced!

Boudoir Eyes Eye Shadow Palette - Our new collection of eye shadows creates looks for the bedroom and beyond. Along with four Boudoir-worthy colors, we added five new shades just for this palette for a total of nine soft and sexy colors.  Includes our signature how-to Glamour Guide with three looks to get you started.
- In the Buff - shimmering pale taupe
- Fuzzy Handcuffs - shimmering medium bronze
- Voulez Vous - medium cool shimmering charcoal
- Satin Sheets - medium shimmering gold
- Sugar Walls - shimmering medium cool bronze
- Garter Belt - deep warm charcoal satin
- Birthday Suit - medium shimmering gold with a green cast
- Lap Dance - deep shimmering taupe
- French Tickler - deep black with gold shimmer

No Makeup Makeup Fresh and Flawless Face Palette - Our new multitasking face palette is your answer to creating the illusion of flawlessness. The collection is dedicated to complexion perfection, for a flawless, “I was born perfect” look any time of the day. The kit has everything you need to create a complete look so it’s great for traveling (or sleepovers.).  A complete palette of six products to create the perfect No Makeup Makeup look: Shimmer Veil/Crème Blush/Powder Blush/Concealer/Luminizer/Brightener.  Includes our signature how-to Glamour Guide with three looks to get you started.

Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush - Blush is like dessert, you didn't know you loved it until you had a taste of it. Our blush was developed with easy application and a no-fail color palette in mind—to take the guesswork out of creating a sweet, romantic flush. It's the little black dress of blushes.  With three perfect swatches, you can just swirl the colors together and apply, or use more of one shade for a custom flush or highlight.  Three swatches of rose, coral and peach packed into one pretty heart.  Baked color formula allows the blush to be applied as a beautiful buildable finish.  Blush works on all skin tones.
 
Tinted Beauty Balm Multi-Benefit Skin Care Makeup - Our innovative beauty balm offers multiple skincare and makeup benefits in one simple step. Our powerful, multi-mineral complex instantly achieves a healthy glow and improves skin's overall appearance. 
1. Light-diffusing pigments tint and add radiance (available in 6 shades).
2. Anti-aging, multi-mineral complex primes & prevents damage.
3. Moisturizes with oil-free hydration.
4. Hypo-allergenic and soothing for all skin types.
5. Broad-spectrum, chemical-free SPF 20.
Anti-aging, Multi-mineral Complex: Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc as well as Ginseng and Ginko Biloba.  Soothes & Nourishes: Vitamins A & E, as well as Chamomile soothe and nourishes while our oil-free hydrating formula moisturizes.  Blends easily: Four gorgeous shades, with luminosity and effortless blendability to suit individual skin tones and shades needs.   Sun Protection: Broad-spectrum, chemical-free SPF 20 offers optimum protection from the sun's harmful UVA/UVB rays. Multi-use: Can be used as a primer to prep skin for either foundation for more coverage, or powder for a lighter finish.
 
La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream - Indulge your lips with rich creamy color, drenched with luscious, hydrating moisturizers including white lotus flower and power peptides. Moisture has never been so pretty!   20 Must-Have Colors: Something for every fashion and mood - curated in the most sought-after color families: nudes, spices, pinks, reds and NEW berries.  Lotus Flower Extract: Hydrating, soothing and lip-conditioning with environmental protection provided by antioxidants.  Power Peptides: Conditioning, smoothing and firming for the delicate lip area.  Indulgent color: Pigment-saturated, one-swipe formulas drench lips with sexy, pure color.
- Teddy Berry - deep cool plum cream
- So Berry Sexy - medium cool berry cream
- Bumbleberry - medium cool purple berry cream
- Loganberry - deep cool berry with a hint of brown cream
 
Lip Injection Power Plumping Lip Gloss - Get lusher looking lips in seconds. A revolutionary lip plumping formula that also hydrates and nourishes, with a rich blend of ingredients to invigorate the lips and create a rush of volume to the pout that lasts up to four hours.  Volume lasts up to four hours.  Marine Sponge: Adds the appearance of up to 20 percent more volume while moisturizing lips.  Botanical Cocktail: Avocado and Jojoba Oil smooth and soften the lips.
 
Lip Injection Extreme - A lip plumper for immediate satisfaction and long-term results; this is a day and night use serum that will become part of your daily routine. The tingling sensation tells you it’s working and lips appear full and pouty from your very first application and plumper overall, overtime. It glides on as a clear gloss with light reflecting shine and supreme moisture.  A revolutionary lip plumping formula that also hydrates and nourishes, the long-lasting effects of Lip Injection Extreme are created via our unique “20-40-60 Boost” breakthrough technology: Marine Sponge: Adds the appearance of up to 20% more volume while moisturizing lips; Collagen Booster: Increases collagen to plump lips up to 40% fuller, while increasing lip moisture up to 60% long-term.
 
I love the Boudoir Eyes Shadow Palette, I love all of these neutral shades and I will be able to use all of these with each other and then with both of the Urban Decay Naked Palettes.  This might be my early favorite from the collection and I will need to see this the next time that I head to Sephora, Too Faced usually releases very early to Sephora and therefore this palette should be out very soon.  I can see so many possiblities with this set, these aren't the most unique shades but I know that I will get lots of use from them and this palette will take me all the way through the spring and summer months.  The No Makeup palette interests me, I like the concept and the shades contained in it but I must see the shades of the concealer in it so that I can make sure that they will be flattering to my skintone.  I have included the picture with this post so you guys can see how pretty the blush shades are and why I hoping that the face shades are flattering for me.
 
I have never used a Beauty Balm before, I have heard all kinds of raves about them but I still get great results from my Stila and Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizers and I have never felt any reason to try something new.  Maybe I will need to this spring since BB don't seem to be a passing fad....
 
I still am afraid to try the new versions of the Lip Injections, it sounds like some of the more irritating ingredients have been traded out for hydrators but I too vividly remember how badly the first formulas made my lips feel.  I don't really love any of the new shades in La Creme so I will skip over them and stick to the reds and pinks in this formula.
 
Tomorrow begins 2013...Here we go!
 
photo courtesy of Too Faced

No comments: